Does more population really generates more science?

Historically, India and China had the highest world GDP for 16 of the last 20 centuries. Most of the scientific discoveries of the east were rediscovered in the west centuries later(astronomy, algebra, etc). Let the anomaly of just 2-3 centuries not fool you.

This. I believe it was India that came up with the number 0 as well. A lot of people credit the Muslims, but I believe they got it from India through trade.

Point is they were scientifically advanced, they just didn't have the motivation to go conquering the world like the English did. I would say the English were more viscous by far. Some populations were more docile than others. Populations growing up in different regions of the world have different characteristics (call me racist if you must, I'm just stating facts).

Last edited:
A lot of people credit the Muslims, but I believe they got it from India through trade.
I wonder what they traded for nothing.

English were more viscous by far.
Oh I think most races have had their 15 minutes. It's more who has the technological advantage at the time will take advantage.
I would agree someone like the Australian aborigines were but you have to understand their heritage. Exception rather than rules... human nature will take advantage regardless of location with a few Understandable exceptions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom