1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Organized Religion speed projects?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by mariogreymist, Mar 17, 2010.

1. mariogreymist

mariogreymist Deity

Simple question...Can I finish the Manhattan Project quicker in OR than in FR?

2. TCMIV

TCMIV Barış Manço

Pretty sure it doesn't, just like engineers can only rush buildings and not projects, OR should function the same way.

Not entirely certain however :p

3. gfm

gfm Refuses to Talk!!!

I don't think so : projects seem to be in a class of their own, as are spaceship parts. I'm pretty sure Organized Religion gives +25% :hammers: to buildings only.

4. mariogreymist

mariogreymist Deity

That's kinda what I thought....oh well...That just gives Charlie one extra chance to run a futile invasion into my artillery before I nuke him into submission.

5. Jerrymander

Jerrymander Epistemologist

Just tested it, and Organized Religion doesn't add the hammer bonus to projects.

Bonuses from buildings, like Forges, do apply. As do bonuses from Civil Service and State Property, so Projects just aren't considered buildings.

6. Clam Spammer

Clam Spammer Prince

This whole "projects" business does tend to confuse people since they appear so late in the game... Industrious trait doesn't help here either by the way.

By the modern era you've got +200% :hammers: (with a little luck) from factories/power/Ironworks anyway, plus another 100% from resources in some cases, so another 25% isn't such a big deal.

7. mariogreymist

mariogreymist Deity

Nah...I beelined nukes w/out even getting steam. :):):):)'em all.