Does playing a civ with a butt ugly color bother you?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Artifex1, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Artifex1

Artifex1 Warlord

Just bought the spain/inca DLS so I was gonna play the Inca but they have a puke green and snot yellow color that just really bothers me lol!!

Not sure if you can change colors of civs but wish you could..

2. Misterboy

Misterboy Modern Major General

No. :spank:

3. Fabiano79

Fabiano79 Prince

I agree with the op, I dont like the denmark brown for example.

People say its not a big deal, but if you are going to play 20 hours or so, your screen filled with a ugly color of course bothers.

I guess a mod that just change the colors of the civs would be welcome. If someone create one, plz give denmark the dark blue they deserve.

4. TopGearFanatic

TopGearFanatic Duke of St. Louis

Yes, it's why I don't play as or against India. I also get tired of looking as the bright yellow of Egypt, but only if I play as them.

5. dayfax

dayfax Chieftain

Yes. It's a superficial thing, but I found France's pink in Civ3 (or 4?) hard to look at and with 5, China's green & white color scheme is really ugly.

6. Keejus

Keejus Prince

I'm ok with the brown, but if anything, Denmark should be red and white, like Montezuma's people in the Polynesia scenario, imho

7. danieladler

danieladler Warlord

I want to design my own flag and have much more freedom in customizing my civ. That would be nice. But this issue seems rather irrelevant considering the much more important and severe problems the game has.

8. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

Agree for China.IMO China should have Persian's colors. Red and Yellow are in modern Chinese flag, and chinese think red is color of luck. Yellow for central ,emperor or such. But I wouldn't like to see Persian in Aqua/Black like cIV too.

Agree with Inca too. and I named Spanish "strawberry brownie civ" because of their "sweet" color.

9. shihuacao

shihuacao Chieftain

Back in Civilization 4, it took them 2 expansion to understand who is Qin and who is Khubilai Khan.

10. insaneweasel

insaneweasel Prince

I'm lucky-I'm not bothered by the color schemes

11. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Moderator Action: A couple of non-constructive posts deleted. Please don't post to complain about people complaining, or to complain about people complaining about complaining. If you have a problem with a post, report it without responding.

12. smileylad

smileylad Chieftain

Yes, it bothers me :huh:

13. Optional

Optional Deity

I once read a newspaper article about a sheriff in Texas who had an original idea to prevent theft. He had become fed up with towels and sheets going missing from his jail, so he wanted to do something about it. He decided to get everything in pink, because he reckoned it was a colour the inmates weren't likely to pinch.
    It worked well, very well. Even the crime rate as a whole in his county went down; it turned out criminals thought about committing a crime twice when it could result in them having to wear pink.
    So now you know you're not the only one!

I once made a small colour mod for Civ III, I gave France terracotta:
    Spoiler :
    The original bright pink was indeed a bit... pink. There was a lot of pink and purple in Civ III.
    The colours in Civ 5 haven't caught my attention yet. Except I find the Iroquois a bit strange. In itself it's a nice colour green, but the Iroquois' starting bias is forest, so my whole screen is just bland green if I'm looking at them.

14. Johan de Witt

Johan de Witt Prince

nope, doesn't bother me enough to not take a civilization.

15. Mods

Mods Warlord

not really, but india's green is annoying because it looks like neutral land on the mini map.
    Polynesia has the best colors imo, but it makes me wonder what the dutch will have if polynesia has the orange

16. Gwenwyn

Gwenwyn Chieftain

The only one that bothers me is India.

17. Becephalus

Becephalus King

I could care less. They are just colors. I find the Iroquois colors pretty ugly, but I don't fixate on it.

18. Mods

Mods Warlord

19. black213

black213 Emperor

I don't mind about them, but something that fits the civilization is always nice to see (such as England with white and red).

20. black213

black213 Emperor

It's Gandhi anyway!