Does powered armor affect boarding combat?

xThomas

Chieftain
I can't tell if it does or not. I'd appreciate knowing if it's something that automatically upgrades your marines attack rating or only for loading onto planets.
Never mind. I'm pretty sure it does.

. while we're on the topic, does anyone know what affects getting techs from invaded planets? If its building related, the AI is really a genius :S

I'm pretty sure that powered armor also enhances boarding combat.

As for tech stealing, I think it is related to the number of buildings on the planet, but not sure and I just stole a tech after taking a planet with no buildings.

Any advance that helps your planetary soldiers should also help your ship marines.

Techs from conquest seems to be random, with maybe the amount of pop and/or buildings adjusting the roll. I've gotten anywhere from 0 to 3 techs from a conquest.

Yes, power armor affects boarding. I'm sure it's possible, but capturing Antarean ships without powered armor strikes me as unlikely. It improves marines like no other tech, presumably because of the extra hit.

so how does the combat rolls work anyway? Something I never really understood.
Heavy Gravity and Powered armor add hits, which is simple for me to understand as: Even if their marine wins, yours gets another roll. If enemy's can survive one hit only, then there is no attrition. If they are also heavy g, i guess there is, that's what I was able to work out. What the +10 or +15 represent besides better or worse was a mystery, and I'm sure I'm wrong, and I'm sure it's just in some weird speak that I don't know :p

All groundcombat bonis applying to ship boarding fights is what I think is common belief.

I believe I have read somewhere that even the +10% combat bonus for Subterrain races helps you when your ships get boarded :crazyeye:

Top Bottom