Does religion only grow do to outside pressure?

Miravlix

King
Except for Holy Cities that has a special self pressure.

What is the rules of religion spread if you push to one city in an area.

Do the followers grow if they aren't the majority?

Do the followers grow if they are the majority?

Or do a non Holy City only grow based on outside pressure?

As far as I am able to determine, with the exception of a Holy City, religious Pressure is only exerted by the Majority religion of an external city on other cities within 10 hexes.

I have not yet seen any evidence that indicates followers grow from internal pressure (other than in a Holy City).

I also have the impression that population size doesn't matter, only the number of <=10 hex cities with a majority religion (plus whatever Holy City bonuses are in play that we don't understand).

I think it's really shabby that Firaxis requires the mechanics of such a major system to be completely reverse-engineered by its fans (because it certainly isn't clear how the system works from the in-game documentation or UI). It's embarrassing.

Non-Holy City only grows based on outside pressure... so sending a missionary out to a far region and not fully converting a city does nothing for you (send 2-3 to make sure). Also if there is an established religion in the city outside pressure from just one city is meaningly, takes pressure from at least 2 other cities to influence one that is already religious.

From what I have noticed, it seems wide empires can try to concentrate their cities around the capital to create some sort of "faith incubation center". The pressure from all of these cities (actual pop numbers don't seem to influence pressure) then allows to rapidly spread religion.

Having only started a couple of games since the expansion im also interested in how religion spreads...so far i built a few missionaries and spread it myself, but i still got to know if it will snowball if no other religions appear and how quickly etc...would be nice to have some documentation on it.

I think it's really shabby that Firaxis requires the mechanics of such a major system to be completely reverse-engineered by its fans (because it certainly isn't clear how the system works from the in-game documentation or UI). It's embarrassing.

So the advisers documentation wasn't enough for you to get started? I mean, I only skimmed the stuff for a minute or two and before I knew most of it. I'm just a bit confused by your radically different experience.

Top Bottom