1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Sanctioning still achieve its goal?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by civplayer33, Mar 21, 2018.

1. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

which is a good example of why Sanctions should be tweaked...by someone :)

2. wobuffet

wobuffet Barbarian

Just to continue theorycrafting/navel-gazing, if we want to avoid the result of "I wish I were sanctioned so other Civs couldn't leech off my Tech/Culture," the easiest solution would seem to have that Civ
    (1) lose a few :trade:Trade Routes,
    (2) -50% to all yields from :trade:Trade Routes originated by that Civ, and/or
    (3) -50% :c5gold:Gold from internal City Connections.

3. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

Yeah well I would go with number 2) since I think it should actually reflect punishment by the "international community" and so civs in special cases where they prioritize internal trade routes and so don't care much about other civs with regards to trade should not suffer as much.

Also I still like the idea about restricting strategic resource trade since strategic resources in VP mostly represent resources needed for military units and that is an important part of what sanctions in the real world will restrict, among other things (see the current sanctions on Russia, for example).
    While I understand that sanctions shouldn't be a "diplomatic nuke" they really wouldn't be the only strong diplomatic measure if strengthened: Global Decolonization, the Global Liberation and even World Ideology can be pretty devastating so it's not like strengthening sanctions a bit would stand alone as a powerful option to harm a civ diplomatically (and one should consider that if the sanction is enacted successfully the target may not have (m)any allies left to trade him this stuff anyway).