Does the AI EVER give in to threats?

Originally posted by kvasir
yep, had that happened before, i was so pissed that the AI took the territory i was just about to settle and I demanded they hand over the city, and it gave in. :)

Maybe it's easier for a city the AI just founded?

could be, I've never demanded a city from a friendly AI before. Mostly when they "steal" territory or beat me to it, somehow there's a war in a few turns... :D

Originally posted by AxWolF
Yeah they are stupid.
Persia threatened me, and when i said no, he declrared war to me. So I invaded Persia as Germany very quickly (around 1500 i gues), i took almost all his cities including his capital, and left him with 5 more cities, 2 were colonies in the other continent, and 3 were just under me, but i forgave him cause i was in democracy and my people hates war, and i was out of troops. After i got those cities my civ raised very quickly, and around 1700 all my cities (15) had all the improvements (till factory, hospital) i monopolized the wonders, i had an income of 900 per turn, 80% research, and around 7000 gold. I had cavalrys, infantry and artillery (a lot, and a cavalry army) and he had like 10 cavalrys and 10 riflemans. So i threatened him to give me incense and he said no, he even wanted spices, silks, andonemore for exchange, so wtf is with him? i am tottally gona overrun his citys and he refuses such a small petition.
I think if the AI is really furious to u, he wont give anything. One in my game, Zululand had only 2 cities (and no unit except workers), but he really furious to me for unknown reason (probably because I razed to many city during war with greek, and trespassing so many time to his area). When I asked him to remove his workers, he simply declared war, and in 2-3 turns I wiped them out :D In my current game, as roman, I attacked celts to get golden age, and took over only 1 city. After 10 turns I propose peace and get arround 20gold for peace, and celts was just annoyed after the war.

I have gotten tribute from the AI. I wanted to start a war with the French and to my surprise the acquiesced to my demands. When I found that I could milk them for gold I started demanding the contents of their treasury every so often. They have yet to decline.

Yeah just have a stack of troops sitting next to their city and they're more likley to give in.

I dont get this.

I was playing a Monarch game as the Americans, and I had about 2/3 of my continent while the Byzantines had the other 1/3. They demanded tribute from me once or twice while we were both relatively small, and I gave in. However when I finally got modern armor and was cranking about 5 of them out per turn, I decided to take all their land.

Anyways, I ran roughshod over all of their cities until they were down to just 2, one on my continent and the other a few squares off the mainland on a small island. I demanded the last city on the continent for peace, and they gave it to me.

So later on I go back and demand something small from them just to show them that I was still in control of them, and they wouldnt give in?! They wouldnt even give me like 10 gold, when they had 400+. So I attacked their last city and wiped them out.

It makes no sense that they couldnt even give me 10 gold tribute. :(

Top Bottom