1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Does the Ai finally upgraded units?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by pietro1990, Feb 25, 2019.

1. pietro1990

pietro1990 Prince

dear forum,

so i am planning to buy the expansion of civ 6 however i have some doubts the most annoying thing i found about civ 6 was that the Ai didn't upgrade its ancient and medieval era units mostly because the upgrade path didn't make any sence.

did they change the upgrade path and did they change the AI to upgrade units so i don't see knights walking around in the industrial era.

2. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

Yes and no, imo. In my GS games, I have noticed the AI, both civs and City-states, upgrade some of their units to keep up with the current era. However, I still see the warrior and chariot running around in the Renaissance, and catapults used for defense instead of as city siege equipment.

That said, I still think the expansion is still worth looking into. I enjoy it more than R&F, and I think a patch or two could fix the remaining issues. Enjoy GS!

3. pietro1990

pietro1990 Prince

its pretty easy to fix you need to change the tech tree so the AI fallows the right technological path. and has the techs for units

4. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Prince

The tech tree has been slightly improved so the AI does get relevant techs, but they still fail to upgrade units a lot of the time. I think the new reason is that more units cost resources now, and the AI is incompetent at securing resources.

5. LKx

LKx Chieftain

Still seen a catapult around in modern era...