Does the AI haggle now?

Big J Money

Emperor
I've noticed that I get unfair uneven deals from Friendly civs in this version.

Well today as usual I had my friend Cleo offer me a crap trade. She wanted 2 luxes + open borders for 1 Lux and some poor GPT.

I set it to 2 luxes for 2 luxes (both spares) and of course she refuses. I did 1 for 1 and she still refused. I asked what she wanted and she wanted some extra GPT and 1 gold coin. I removed the gold coin and she wouldn't do the deal of course.

But then I asked what she wanted again, and she suggested 1 lux for 1 lux. I took that deal!

Hmm, maybe that was their intent, it feels very random to me though, like if you do things in a certain order you can get the computer to forget what they're doing, and accept any offer.

They'll often ask for more than they're willing to accept. If you can call that haggling, then yes, I guess so.

That's not what happened. I offered furs for diamonds and they rejected it.

Then I offered a few different things, and after clicking the name your price button a few times, they eventually offered furs for diamonds themselves.

So 1. This was something they clearly didn't accept to begin with, and 2. It wasn't my suggestion that led them to accepting, it was their own offer

The AI haggling is broken. You can sometimes get it to give you all they have for no reason.
I wish they had a UI like that of galciv 2, hich would more or less force them to have a decent AI behind it. because you see the value of the deal on each side of the table.

It's not haggling. It's a bug. If you keep slightly modifying the deal, the AI will just offer you better and better deals. You can eventually get it to the point where they give you basically all their stuff for free.

It's actually a really annoying bug, because I feel like I can't negotiate with the AI without cheating.

Top Bottom