Does the healing in Medic I stack with Woodsman III?

Zubbus

Antarctican Predator
1) From the same unit?
2) The promotions from different units in the same stack?

Given that every combat bonus in this game seem to stack with each other, I guess it would, but what do I know.
I don't even know umm...
3) What's the base heal rate?

Hmmm did take the promotion.
- first of all, the tooltip display still says 25%. Actually now maybe remember reading a thread saying they don't stack.
- And the heal rate with this 25% (+10%) in a city is 45% so maybe the base heal rate in city is 20%.

They stack, but only if they are on the same unit. Not if they are on different units in the same stack. And yeah, base heal rate in city is 20%.

I like getting "Super Medics"... because woodsman and medic stack...
Great General on a unit (if your LDR is CHR it helps because you will earn the needed promotions that much faster!), choose the following promotions:
Immediately
Leadership (because you will need to do some fighting, with odds HEAVILY in your favor of course)
Woodsman I
Woodsman II
Woodsman III

As you progress
Combat I or Drill I (I recommend Combat I)
Medic I
Medic II
Medic III

This heals your whole stack at the highest possible rate (especially if the units have march)

If you can keep going, get March, because you will want to heal your GG on the march too!

Kochman, I don't think leadership is efficient, it would probably be easier to get all those promos without it, at least if you ignore Medic 3.

Use a chariot as your medic....promote up as able to with a general. Then when you are beating up on a stack with seige, have the chariot attack the really weak units to get one XP point. Keep doing that over time and you just keep racking up XP points to get all kinds of promotions on the unit.

If you use a explorer you can only gain more XP by defending...

Use a chariot as your medic....promote up as able to with a general. Then when you are beating up on a stack with seige, have the chariot attack the really weak units to get one XP point. Keep doing that over time and you just keep racking up XP points to get all kinds of promotions on the unit.

If you use a explorer you can only gain more XP by defending...

The point of this thread was asking if Woodsman III stacks with Medic 1. Chariots and Explorers don't get Woodsman III. Chariots don't even get the first one.

To address the edited OP, the base heal rates are 5% in enemy lands, 10% in neutral lands, 15% in friendly lands and 20% in a city. :)

As for leadership to get C1M3WM3... Assuming no CHA/AGG/PRO, you need 7 promos, so that's 50 XP. With Leadership (8 promos) you need 65XP. A normal Barracks dude will have 23 XP after GG, so that's 27 XP without Leadership and 42/2 = 21 XP with Leadership. However, initially your GG will be much weaker since you'll only have 15% (WM3) instead of 25% (M3) healing. Usually the faster 25% (that also heals adjacent squares) is better than a slower 25% (that doesn't) and slow-as-hell 40%, but depends on a lot of things like how big the scale of the game is etc :)

Anyhow, I would never advice taking March for the supermedic - you'll want that dude to always be among the low healthers so it won't be picked to defend.

Kochman, I don't think leadership is efficient, it would probably be easier to get all those promos without it, at least if you ignore Medic 3.

I know I'm keeping the thread off-topic here, but FYI, I wrote a strategy article on how to decide whether or not to take Leadership:

The Leadership promotion, with a Super Medic example (BTS)

Here are the conclusions:

• If you're only interested in 1 or 2 more promotions, then don't bother with Leadership, since it will always take at least as long to get your other 1 or 2 promotions if you choose Leadership first.
  • The Leadership promotion gives you a slight reduction in required kills to get your 3rd additional promotion, but also remember that it will take you longer to get the first 2 along the way. The higher your starting level, the greater the savings from Leadership.
  • Past the 3rd additional promotion, the savings from Leadership get progressively better. The higher the starting level, the more dramatic the savings. But remember still that you will get those first couple promotions more slowly.

I know I'm keeping the thread off-topic here, but FYI, I wrote a strategy article on how to decide whether or not to take Leadership:

The Leadership promotion, with a Super Medic example (BTS)

Here are the conclusions:

• If you're only interested in 1 or 2 more promotions, then don't bother with Leadership, since it will always take at least as long to get your other 1 or 2 promotions if you choose Leadership first.
  • The Leadership promotion gives you a slight reduction in required kills to get your 3rd additional promotion, but also remember that it will take you longer to get the first 2 along the way. The higher your starting level, the greater the savings from Leadership.
  • Past the 3rd additional promotion, the savings from Leadership get progressively better. The higher the starting level, the more dramatic the savings. But remember still that you will get those first couple promotions more slowly.
Excellent work... and yes, as I said, if you start with 23 XP, well, that LDRSHP promotion is more and more worth it.
I generally start of GG with more than 23 XP... because I build the base unit in my city with some GGs already settled, so up to 30+XP to start with...

The supermedic does take a while, BUT, it is worth it.

As for March, well, I still take it if offered another promotion, that or tactics. With the first strikes and combat 1, the unit will not be a slouch, but will never be my "strongest" in the way the computer tallies it. He is never going to stay weak without March anyhow, because he will be standing still for some units to heal anyhow, and during that time he heals himself of course...

In my most recent game, I had a woodsman III + Combat I axeman. I attached my GG to him alone so he got all 20 exp and chose the Medic I and II promotions. I believe he was at 40 xp at that point. I wasn't able to boost him to Medic III before the game ended because I got rifiling with all my neighbors only at Feudilism and vassalized the whole world by only taking one or two cities per opponent before they capitulated. I think I had gotten him up to 47 xp.

As for March, well, I still take it if offered another promotion, that or tactics. With the first strikes and combat 1, the unit will not be a slouch, but will never be my "strongest" in the way the computer tallies it. He is never going to stay weak without March anyhow, because he will be standing still for some units to heal anyhow, and during that time he heals himself of course...

IMO Morale is by far the strongest "extra" medic promotion. I've been saved more than once due to a 3move supermedic, and it enables WM-eligible medics to follow a mounted stack.

The problem with mounted stacks, other than they need melee/gunpowder to defend them, is while it's great they move at 2 speed, siege do not.

Use spies to take out the defensive bonus. If you have a tech edge, mounted+spies is a way to cause maximum damage in minimal time.

Use spies to take out the defensive bonus. If you have a tech edge, mounted+spies is a way to cause maximum damage in minimal time.
Very true...
Now, if only there was a unit to take care of mounted counterunits that could move at 2... Musketeers come immediately to mind... Nubian cav isn't a bad option either.

Top Bottom