Does the Keshiks' quick-promotion bonus carry over to upgrades?

lordsurya08

class-A procrastinator
If so, then the keshik is kind of overpowered.

If not, then the keshik is kind of underpowered.

It should. Question, though, is should you even upgrade them. By the time you stop making them you should have more than enough logistics + indirect fire + range + march keshiks and Khans that you can mow down anything if you play smart and hard build or buy a few units to cover for them.

Upgrade keshiks? Surely you jest.

Ah you made a suggestion that the keshik could possibly be underpowered so now I'm positive that you're joking.

You're kidding right?

Late game I just keep my keshiks in the back to cover my infantry and artillery

Upgrade keshiks? Surely you jest.

Ah you made a suggestion that the keshik could possibly be underpowered so now I'm positive that you're joking.

You're kidding right?

Yes, I kinda think that khans are not nearly as useful as normal GG's, either.

On a serious note, now that cavalry upgrades all the way to modern armor, you could build a few keshiks right before getting cavalry just to have the experience bonus, I've done that several times in the past.

@OP: keshiks are so good b/c you can move forward, shoot, then retreat out of harms way. Every single turn. with well-placed combat roads you can get 8-10 of them into battle every single round, giving them logistics, +1 range, and indirect fire very very quickly. Now that every single combat causes at least 1 dmg, 5 keshiks can take out even a gdr every single turn. I don't like playing with the mongols anymore b/c btwn the keshiks, khan's, and + 1 mounted movement they can simply steamroller anything that any civ without a huge tech advantage can throw at them.

I've also found that once you wipe the first few civs out with your Keshiks, the rest are still pretty trivial even up to Immortal (never tried deity yet, but I assume it's the stame scenario). Why? Because the AI has one advantage: numbers. It's not hard to keep up in tech, but the AIs can match every unit you build five times over. But once you get a critical number of Keshiks and get them promoted, you can kill the AIs CODs faster than they can bring units to the fore, and never take damage.

This advantage is so pronounced that I found March and Khans' healing bonus to be completely moot - my Keshiks never took damage, even when they were up against Infantry and Artillery.

Top Bottom