1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Theodora ever get off the couch?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Spelurker, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Spelurker

Spelurker Chieftain

I just started playing CIV 5 Gods & Kings and was wondering; does Theodora ever get off the couch?
    For that matter, does Elizabeth or Caesar ever get off their thrones?
    Maybe I just haven't interacted with these AIs enough. The other leaders tend to move around a little bit.
    Do you actually have to conquer these three before they actually stand up? :lol:

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Attila does rise a bit when he's worked up, otherwise, the seated leaders all stay seated.

A few do walk around, like William. Pacal falls to his knees when you defeat him (or kill his spies).

3. Glassmage

Glassmage The Desert Flame

declare war on Inca.

4. Andulias

Andulias A Stranger on a Train

Do Genghis, Nappy or Alexander ever get off their high horses? Does Ramesses ever get sun burnt because he's always under the sun? Does Darius ever sit down to rest? Does that city behind Askia (what's up with that anyways?!) ever burn down? Does Suleiman ever actually read the book he's holding? Does William ever finish reading the book he is holding? Do any of these question even make sense in the context of the game?

5. Bandersnatching

Bandersnatching Warlord

Askia probably has his minions rebuild the city every hundred years or so in the early game, just so he can burn it down whenever somebody comes asking him for open borders or whatnot. He must show how fearsome he is!
    Suleiman actually cannot read. He just holds the book to show that he's interested in learning and stuff, all the while building up an invasion force to go take out Askia, who foolishly agreed to open borders (which allowed Suleiman to see how pathetic Askia's army really is - those troops haven't been training, they've been studying architecture and construction so as to rebuild that city quicker!)
    It turns out that William has a short-term memory problem, so whenever he finishes a couple of pages in that book he forgets it all and needs to re-read it again. He's also currently engaged in a standing contest with Darius, who - you guessed it! - has never sat down in his life (he has a physical disability that prevents him from doing so).
    As to Theodora, you haven't sat in a couch until you've tried a late roman version. Those things are probably the most comfortable pieces of furniture on earth.
    Ramesses, being the god of the sun, understandably never gets a sunburn.
    Genghis, Nappy and Alexander are centaurs in disguise. They CAN'T get off their high horse; they are the high horse.

6. King William I

King William I Prince

^^^^^

Oh, that's so funny
    --------------------

My question is, What was wrong with Nebuchadnezzar's drink?

7. smallfish

smallfish Immortal

the Ambrosia of Immortal Sociopaths

8. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

It was poisoned with iocaine powder.

9. Andulias

Andulias A Stranger on a Train

Good one, except for Ramesses. He is not the god of the sun, you are mistaking him for Akhenaten :p

10. Himmurabi

Himmurabi Chieftain

Just what exactly is Maria Theresa looking at!?

11. King William I

King William I Prince

a bird flies past every now and then

12. Heinage

Heinage Khan

Washington, no matter how hard he tries, just can't seem to find Japan on the globe and Harald is not allowed to come home empty-handed: "NO FISH NO DINNER" some eyewitnesses heard his wife shriek...

13. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

She shifts her post when angry.

14. Ribusprissin

Ribusprissin Warlord

I want to know what Hiawatha's fur is made of. It's so blurry. Harold's fox furs are quite ordinary in comparison.

15. Adjuvant

Adjuvant Emperor

I know what I'm looking at... that toon's breasts are like 3 dolly partons.

16. ShahJahanII

ShahJahanII Homesick Alien

He is new here. But yes, I agree.

17. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Yes. She occasionally sits in my lap.

18. Bakspatel

Bakspatel Prince

"The empress of Österreich w..... oh look, a birdie!..... we have dinner at 4".

19. drubell

drubell Prince

Sejong has always bothered me with this. His legs are in the forefront of his screen but they were chosen not to be animated. So whenever he talks to you, you see static legs with some dynamic animations in back of them. It's really ugly and a bad choice for the devs who worked on him.