1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Does this mean the terrorists have won?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by McManus, Sep 2, 2007.

1. McManus

McManus Thinkers friend

http://rawstory.com//news/2007/Flight_detained_when_IraqiAmericans_speak_in_0831.html

So. One person gets scared because some guys talk in arabic on a plane? Jeez, whats the world (US) going to? Maybe the person was under the impression that only people who speak english can use airplanes, but this is just sad....

And watch the video clip, its amusing to see the spin thats easily added onto a story with one-sided reporting (even though the foreign (non-NBC) reporting does not even seem to try to look impartial..)

McM

2. Tycoon101

Tycoon101 Loves being STRONG

Firstly, I'm getting sick and tired of people slinging the cliche phrases "Does this mean the terrorists have won?", "whats the world (US) going to?" and "The terrorists HAVE won." They are all overused and irrelevant to the actual problem at hand.

Secondly, this is an insane waste of cash. Hopefully the imbecilic woman could be held accountable for the time of the other passengers she wasted.

3. McManus

McManus Thinkers friend

Hey, some of us were tired of the rhetoric since "Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists" so let us give some back, eh? :D

the termorists! they are going to crash every plane!?! :run:

But more on topic, Yes, the person who caused all this should be fined and pay all the other peoples plane tickets and pay for lost profits for the plane company.. Or be put in restraints.

4. jimbob27

jimbob27 Emperor

Surely the cabin crew are at fault..... for taking the complain seriously.

Should have been "f**k off you racist arse. Get off the plane if you have a problem with your fellow passengers."

5. McManus

McManus Thinkers friend

6. armathas

armathas Warlord

Exactly. However you must keep in mind that most americans are like 6 year old children. They don't think for themselves, guess they would rather have CNN or FoxNews do it for them.
    btw I am an American, so I'm allowed to bash :lol:

7. Stratagist IV

Stratagist IV Ex virtute honos

I HATE how America is giving into terrorism I mean dang, you can't F***'in step out of you house without having to worry about getting raped, robbed, or having your time wasted by the free speech principle. So yes, the terrorists have won, they have scared the s*** out of the American populace. (I swear, 1st thing i do when I turn 21, concealed weapons license)

8. .Shane.

.Shane. Take it like a voter Retired Moderator

Unfortunately, these kinds of incidents happen fairly frequently. They're not hard to find via the googlemobile.

9. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

This is the saddest, and perhaps most tragic part. One of the reasons America has had such a difficult time in the Middle East is because they do not have a native-raised expert. In fact, at the beginning of the Afghanistan campaign, nobody in the CIA spoke Arabic. Soon after 9/11, a number of Middle-Easterners came forward to aid the U.S., but they were turned away because they were 'the enemy'.

10. Ecofarm

Ecofarm Deity

Don't be so sure. The 2nd amendment is under assault every day.

11. Tannertu

Tannertu Chieftain

The "terrorists" in question are those who have promoted Islamophobic racism to justify cynical wars of aggression. It's about time time the "clash of civilizations theory" was exposed for the quasi-fascist bunk that it is.

12. CaptainF

CaptainF The Professional Poster

They've certainly defeated some people.

13. Stratagist IV

Stratagist IV Ex virtute honos

I know, but it is still legal and the amendmant is still there, so thus i will do it
    :ar15: :)

14. Tannertu

Tannertu Chieftain

Errr... Afghanistan is not an Arabic speaking country.

Zalmay Mamozy Khalilzad (Afghan born US ambassador to UN, Aghanistan, Iraq)?

There were (are) plenty of Arabic professionals within the CIA, it's just that none of them were saying what Rumsfeld and Cheney and their office of special plans wanted to hear in order to sell their war. That's the tragedy.

15. hossam

hossam Deity

no the terrorists havent won the people have just been watching too much unbiast media and have formed their own opinion obviously.

16. dosed150

dosed150 Emperor

i wonder what would happen if people like that ended up flying on emirates or another middle eastern carrier

17. George2816

George2816 Emperor

I really doubt she and her kid has a passport. And i really doubt she would go to europe nevermind the middle-east!

18. George2816

George2816 Emperor

Are you saying that she did the right thing or are you saying that just because they look and taqlk differently then american's its ok to treat them like 2nd-class citizens?

19. MadScotsMan

MadScotsMan The Ruler of Cattle

I like my pistol, but I can't carry it around =(

You can be like me and not give a damn though:goodjob: Neither side will win

20. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

I hate it when people say that muslims are bad or terrorists and I've seen it quite frequently here and and at least once everyday in the real world. Its very insulting and angering...

Next time I fly, I'll read the qu'ran everywhere in the airpiort, security, at the gate, on the plane and see what happens.:rolleyes: