1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Does this work with BUG 3.5?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - CIV Gold' started by The Snug, Dec 2, 2008.

1. The Snug

The Snug The Civ Heretic

What can I do to get these to work together?

Also, I thought this mod was supposed to add civs for every game without having to load it as a mod. I thought "plug-and-play" meant it would load automatically.

Can I simply move the civs to custom assets so that they'll load automatically?

Is it possible to obtain individual civs to insert the desired civs rather than all of them?

2. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

You'll need to manually merge the XML files.

No, PnP means that you can add the new content without having to re-edit the files everytime something new is added. i.e. each new civ has its own CivInfo, LeaderheadInfo, UnitInfo, etc.

I wouldn't recommend it. Instead, go into the Civ4.ini file and set the game to load CIV Gold automatically when the game starts. Then you don't have to start the game twice.

Because the game is modular, you could simply delete the folders of the civs you don't want. *However*....Firaxis did not make the Diplomacy or Audio files modular. If you delete Congo, for instance, you'll get an error in the Diplomacy file when you start the game (because that file still references the Congolese leader). It wont affect gameplay, however.

3. The Snug

The Snug The Civ Heretic

Thanks Wyz (and for the xml editor tip).

As for the error, I suppose I can edit your xml files to remove any references to Congo, and that will remove the error?

4. Fierabras

Fierabras Chieftain

You don't need to merge if you have installed BUG in CustomAssets. The only change you need to make then is in CIV Gold.ini:

Code:
    ; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
    NoCustomAssets = 1

change this to

Code:
    ; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
    NoCustomAssets = 0