1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Does War Weariness change if you don't fight and at war?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by LightHawKnight, Mar 8, 2018.

1. LightHawKnight

LightHawKnight Chieftain

What with Joint Wars getting declared constantly at me, I have been at war with Teddy for the past hundreds of turns and he is across the map from me and we barely ever meet. The only time any fighting happened was when my City States razed his expansion to the ground. Do either of us get any War Weariness or penalties during this long war if we technically never fought?

Tried asking for peace, but he wants me to give him stuff and I refuse to stoop that low.

2. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

War Weariness goes down if you don't fight. It goes faster if you are at peace (much faster).

3. LightHawKnight

LightHawKnight Chieftain

Are there any other penalties for being at war for so long? I seem to be hitting dark ages more often when I in a long war where I don't actually do any fighting. Is it just my imagination?

4. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Nope, if nothing is happening, it usually doesn't hurt to stay at war.Though they may be pillaging your trade routes.