Does Win 8 actually run Civ IV BTS?

Halt

Warlord
I have read these forums and it is clear Win 7 works (and mods such as Buffy, Bat, Bull, etc..)

However nowhere have I seen a clear post that someone has installed and is playing successfully on Win 8.

I would assume that the install instructions at the top of the page would be the same for Win 8 or Win 7 (understanding you must have CD's to make this method work).

Can anyone confirm Win 8 does work?

After more research, it appears Win 8 in Hyper V mode will allow you to install your existing XP OS. So the question I guess becomes which performs better?

Each virtual machine consumes resources of your actual machine, so you'd better try install CIV without it. But if you have enough memory and CPU power, there should be no problem to run CIV on virtual XP OS.

works well for my W8, I don't think there will be a problem at yours.

EDIT: BTS 3,19 perfectly fine, BUFFY mod has problems loading a game from game window (not the main menu)

I am running Civ IV fine on Windows 8, on my new laptop. With 1 exception: whenever I scroll around the screen, the game sometimes minimizes, and the Windows 8 start screen comes up. I can quickly return to the game, but this is very annoying! Does anyone know how to prevent Windows 8 from doing this?

Top Bottom