1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Does your Civ4 Style match your foreign policy beliefs?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Tycoon101, Apr 6, 2006.

?

Do Your Real Life Thoughts Match Your Civ 4 Gameplay Style?

1. Yes, I'm a Warmongerer!

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Yes, I'm an isolationist/builder!

12 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Yes, I prefer neutrality with all nations!

8 vote(s)
    11.6%
  4. Yes, I'm the person who is friends with everyone!

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  5. No, I don't play a I think.

37 vote(s)
    53.6%
  1. Tycoon101

Tycoon101 Loves being STRONG

In Other Words: when you play Civ 4 do you play like you think. Example: I play as an isolationist/builder, and I want my country to be isolationist. Pick no if it doesn't match you thoughts.

Please send feedback:D

2. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

I'm a rampaging horde of barbarians, crushing all beneath my luddite boots.

... I'd warrant not.

Though sometimes I Space Race out of principal.

3. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

Nope. I usually concentrate on building during the early and middle stages of the game and start my conquest with the advent of either gunpowder or tanks. And most of the time nukes are sent flying :)

4. Elrohir

Elrohir RELATIONAL VALORIZATION

Yeah, and I generally try to be friends with everyone. That doesn't work for long, of course, so eventually I have to utterly crush someone to show my superiority, generally Toku, Monty or Izzie.

5. Tycoon101

Tycoon101 Loves being STRONG

I just like to get into people's minds and know what they think. That's why the game is so fun. It's either a fun game, or a complex tool for figuring out deep socio-political arguments... :rolleyes:

6. Ramius75

Ramius75 Deity

Havent play CIV4 yet, still waiting for the price to drop.

But from all my experience in playing CIV games and likes. Its always world domination. :D

And im most likely to attack my immediate neighbour within the 1st contact :D

7. Irish Caesar

Irish Caesar Yellow Jacket

Hell no!

I don't think I've had more than a handful of space race victories...ever...

Plenty of war and violence, though. And an awful lot of culture, too.

Of course, as I don't have civ4, I've expanded the question to those of us with 3 and 1.

8. jamiethearcher

jamiethearcher President of Canmerica!

i don't play as i think - in civ, i tend to be more of a builder, and in real life i tend to support more of a warmongering point of view.

9. Red Stranger

Red Stranger Emperor

I think my Civ4 style match my policies.

I like to keep my people happy, I don't like whiners (we know who the whiners are in real life. hint: starts with a D and ends with ts).

I don't start wars for no reason, but when they attack me, I'll fight back with all my might. Then I make the rebuild the cities with temples and other cultural buildings.

10. Steph

Steph Multi Many Tasks man Retired Moderator

I don't play civ4.

11. Carcosa

Carcosa Chieftain

Yeah, I didn't like the Dinobots either. I mean, Transformers are cool, and robots are cool, and dinosaurs are cool, but combining them is just silly.

12. Mr. Blonde

Mr. Blonde Dr. techn.

In RL I am not an advocate of repeating building for war - going to war cycles with pillaging campaigns in between. I am more the peace and prosperity fan outside my PC.

13. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

Not everyone here plays Civ4. I observed that all the users who joined for Civ4 and post only in that forum have the impression that this forum is centered on Civ4, and nothing else is important. It's not the case of Tycoon101 (he joined this forum for a pretty long time), but that's how the others think.
    I played little Civ4.
    In Civ3 I have the strategy in game of killing everyone fast. In real life I would unificate much, make a "Pax ....ana" and then concentrate on building, art and culture.

14. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

I don't play Civ4, but in all the other Civ's I'm a fully blown warmonger who ravages cities mercilessly and eventually takes over the world. I tend to demand rediculous exchanges in the hope that they'd go to war with me, and if they give in I declare war on one of their allies so that they'd go to war with me anyway. I'm not at all concerned with how the world sees me, and declare war for no other reason than because I'd prefer the shape of my civ if it encompassed this particular piece of land. So yeah, my Civ style exactly matches my foreign policy beliefs.

15. PrinceOfLeigh

PrinceOfLeigh Wigan, England

I don't have Civ 4 as yet but my Civ 3 tactics are nothing like my views on foreign policy. Divide and Conquer with overwhelming force on Civ 3 ;)

What's the use of playing a game if not for escape?

16. PrinceOfLeigh

PrinceOfLeigh Wigan, England

HEATHEN!!

17. Evil Tyrant

Evil Tyrant Eccentric Dictator

I don't play civ 4, my computer is too old and slow. But I do play civ 3, and my style does match, I'm a warmonger with builder tendancies.

18. Lozzy_Ozzy

Lozzy_Ozzy Rapture

Aye!

Don't play CIV, but on II (i've got III but I played II more) I always built up a smallish, very secure, nation in a few island regions... then when I had a huge industry (with loads of railways and mines etc) I would send out some massive armies to crush cities one by one... I hardly ever used the space race. In real life I don't think i'd do that ;). I might try and build a big economy though :).

19. Che Guava

Che Guava The Juicy Revolutionary

I'm a builder/isolationist, and I think I would be in a real leadership position too. Maye that explains why I take it so personally when I lose ;)

20. Shaihulud

Shaihulud Deity

I find that if I was at the bottom of the pile, i would initiate war and fight my way to the top or die. If by some fluke, i gain dominance early, through resources, position or otherwise. I will usually just screw around, build aircarft carriers, planes, get to the modern age and win by space race. Im generally a peaceful and friendly person, i think but i am also an extremely violent person.