Does your Civ4 Style match your foreign policy beliefs?

Do Your Real Life Thoughts Match Your Civ 4 Gameplay Style?

• Yes, I'm a Warmongerer!

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Yes, I'm an isolationist/builder!

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Yes, I prefer neutrality with all nations!

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Yes, I'm the person who is friends with everyone!

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • No, I don't play a I think.

Votes: 37 53.6%

• Total voters
Civ4 can't simulate my foreign policy beliefs. Diplomacy is so complicated, that I wonder if any computer simulation can ever reach at least a partial level of realism.

I'm a scientific warmonger (I keep bringing guns to swordfights), so I'd have to say no, it doesn't match my real-world views.

IglooDude said:
I'm a scientific warmonger (I keep bringing guns to swordfights), so I'd have to say no, it doesn't match my real-world views.
Hehe... me too. :D and tanks against knights if I can pull it off.

Like Ramius 75 I also always kill off the first neighbor I meet, while his military still consists of only warriors.

I remember one Civ 1 game where I conquered the world before hitting 1 AD. The only techs I had was bronze working, iron working and horseback riding (all for my military) plus pottery (for the granary ergo population and unit production boost). We don't even have Ceremonial Burial. :ack: Guess my armies merely feed on the dead. Maybe that's how they were able to campaign so fast and so far...

Needless to say it's totally different form my RL political views. It's a game. I play it to escape reality.

Pretty much warmongering.I say that i rush early on in the multiplayer,and sometimes force my neighbors to ally with me or get destroyed.:borg:

:blush: Sometimes it doesnt work.

Dann said:
I remember one Civ 1 game where I conquered the world before hitting 1 AD. The only techs I had was bronze working, iron working and horseback riding (all for my military) plus pottery (for the granary ergo population and unit production boost). We don't even have Ceremonial Burial. :ack: Guess my armies merely feed on the dead. Maybe that's how they were able to campaign so fast and so far...

:eek:

Not even the wheel?

:worship:

Nah, I play to win and score high points on civ4, all teh good of my civ and screw the others, whereas in real life my foreign policy beliefs is we are all in this together:)

Ah, I'm sorry to those who have never played Civ 4, I've only just started checking out the OT section- Within 'bout three days.:rolleyes:
But yes, Let's open this up to all people, Civ3,2,1 and the non-players. Sorry if I was semi-blind...:blush:

Who is that in your avatar tycoon? It sort of looks like leslie neilson just a bit.

Irish Caesar said:
Hell no!

I don't think I've had more than a handful of space race victories...ever...

Plenty of war and violence, though. And an awful lot of culture, too.

Of course, as I don't have civ4, I've expanded the question to those of us with 3 and 1.
Same here. When I first played Civ (1), I played by my real-world beliefs, but the game has its own logic. So I play Civ(2) very aggressively now. Someday, when I'm ready to buy a better computer, I'll give Civ4 a try.

I like maintaining neutrality, that's were the money lies.

Ocasional overwelming force focused on limited, defined and achievable objectives. The rest of the time being a science nut. Buy your way out of confruntations you have not defined the terms for using the allies you have put resorces into building up.

Humm... guess that kind of is my rl forign policy...

Top Bottom