Votes: 27 32.1%
  • Phalanx

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Vulture

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
Even most Immortal games will end in a loss on those settings.
There are no settings that will make deity proven players lose on Immortal.
You are alone with this opinion, and i have no idea why you are so stubborn.
Nothing to do with me showing you this..there are at least 10 regular deity players here who will all tell you exactly that.

@MassRiflemen What was wrong with the Lain NTT-game I linked? Large size "only", but normal speed which is a lot harder than marathon. And you can see the ease with which he breezed through the game... huge size wouldn't have changed things.

@MassRiflemen What was wrong with the Lain NTT-game I linked? Large size "only", but normal speed which is a lot harder than marathon. And you can see the ease with which he breezed through the game... huge size wouldn't have changed things.
There is nothing wrong with it. Its a good exhibit, and shows that on Large Maps, Deity can be won on Marathon, since Normal speed increases the difficulty.

The question is whether or not (Marathon+Huge)>(Normal+Large). Remember that is is a quadratic increase in land size, not a linear increase.

Does the quadratic growth of map size (coupled with the player Deity expansion penalties) increase the difficulty more than the linear drop from Normal to Marathon speed?

I think Huge is just too much land for the AI's to settle, regardless of speed when put on Deity. Every game shows an entire huge map settled by turn 350.

In this regard, I am trying to play on the most difficult settings which permit victory with NTT and a self imposed rule of no fail golding.. So far it seems to be Lake,Huge, Low Sea Level, Perm alliances+no vassals+regular barbs on Marathon.

I assure you that an Immortal AI with 30 cities, techs faster, and fields a more lethal army, than a Deity AI on 10 cities.

Last edited:
I can't find the link in this thread, can you please post it? Sorry if I'm just being dense, but I went so far as to search all your recent posts. :crazyeye:

In this regard, I am trying to play on the most difficult settings which permit victory with NTT and a self imposed rule of no fail golding.. So far it seems to be Lake,Huge, Low Sea Level, Perm alliances+no vassals+regular barbs on Marathon.
Those are very arbitrary and self imposed settings, as pointed out to you a dozen times already. Perm alliances is a joke, right? Add marathon for extra giggles and call it "most difficult settings which permit victory".

I assure you that an Immortal AI with 30 cities, techs faster, and fields a more lethal army, than a Deity AI on 10 cities.
But so does a relatively skilled human player. There shouldn't be much issue to quickly explode from 8 cities to 30 cities on marathon.

Moderator Action: Moved several posts to a new thread in S&T per sampsa's request.....cheers - lymond

There is nothing wrong with it. Its a good exhibit, and shows that on Large Maps, Deity can be won on Marathon, since Normal speed increases the difficulty.

The question is whether or not (Marathon+Huge)>(Normal+Large). Remember that is is a quadratic increase in land size, not a linear increase.

Does the quadratic growth of map size (coupled with the player Deity expansion penalties) increase the difficulty more than the linear drop from Normal to Marathon speed?

I think Huge is just too much land for the AI's to settle, regardless of speed when put on Deity. Every game shows an entire huge map settled by turn 350.

I've seen Lain win a war against a 15 city deity Julias Caesar who had modern armour and Jet fighters using navy seals and tanks with half the number of cities.

Whatever Lain game you watched wasn't some one off exhibition. You discount how much better the skilled human player is at warfare.

Top Bottom