"D'oh!" Moments

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by JTMacc99, Jan 11, 2010.

1. dennisg

dennisg Warlord

playing drunk and building a SOD, sending SOD to storm across my enemy's closed-borders in a sneak attack. Nothing happens. Pull troops back, make sure I don't have open borders. Attack again. Nothing happens.

Turns out I was crossing my OWN borders at one of my far cities and got confused as to what freakin' colors I was.

Stupid beer.

2. scyt4l3

scyt4l3 Short Fused Invader

:lol: I said ATTACK goddamnit!

3. AlphaShard

AlphaShard Emperor

Well that will be my Reason #361 not to drink. Civ will PWN you and laugh at your silly drunken antics.

4. PreLynMax

PreLynMax Your Lord and Master

My biggest d'oh moment was (believe it or not), on Settler. I was dominating on this Terra map as Arabia, and I had Ghandi vasseled next door to me (to my east). Oh well, it saves Ghandi from my wrath. Played throught the entire game with Ghandi under my wing, and conquering everyone else. Went up to the 20th centery, and I noticed a lot of border pushes from Ghandi,and I figured that he was going for a cultural win, so I checked his cities (as a master, you can do that, plus I had enough EP to check) and found out that two of his cities was already in Legendary status, and three (or so) was only a few turns to going to Legendary... my vassal is going to win, and there was NOTHING I can do to STOP IT.

5. Kullervo

Kullervo Mahler/Sibelius Freak

See, that's why I almost always turn off cultural victory.

Still doesn't help me. Almost the exact same thing, except on Monarch difficulty. I am very close to dominating the whole world, except Hatshepsut, who, although not a vassal, is a very close friend, and Gandhi, who is my vassal with 5 cities.

I lost the game. How? What's the one tech I didn't research until... oh, about FT 7? Yep. Rocketry. What's the one tech that Gandhi mus've been streamlining the ENTIRE game (no drama, no HBR, no Medicine, no Military tradition, etc...)? You guessed it, rocketry! And how Gandhi manages to tech away like 20 deranged scientists with a grand total of 21 commerce in his lands is a complete mystery to me. More than that, he then gets the Space Elevator. I used a GE to speed it up, and he still got there before me. He launched his spaceship before I had built 3 thrusters or engines.

BTW, about the first post... who's Homer Simphson?

6. AlphaShard

AlphaShard Emperor

Homer Simpson is an American cartoon character on the show The Simpsons. Been on for about twenty two years now I think and basically Homer is the stupidist man alive for when he does something extremely stupid and realizes it he exclaims d'oh!

7. dennisg

dennisg Warlord

Doh!!!
    :lol:

8. Bluto_Longneck

Bluto_Longneck Chieftain

My constant D'Oh-headache is to found this lousy ice-city with a crab and maybe some other resource. A close hammer-city build that workboat for the new city, which parks on the crab, just waiting for the border pop. 2000 years later I wake up that damn boat.

Slavery! I'm getting better, but how many games have I played with the option to whip and I always forget.

And my favourite: finding a decent location and settle, then my scouts finds the perfect GP-farm and not long after a very good military city and what not, another wonderful cottage place, floodplains galore.

Only to find out I forgot to uncheck that OCC button. Happened more than once.