Doing art requests

RFormica

Imperator Silvae
Hello,
I have been making mods for Civ6 for over 2 years now. I have made 8 alternate leader/civilization mods and contributed to many others. Unfortunately, I haven't had as much free time lately, so I haven't been able to put out much content. However, I'd still like to continue to some degree, so I figured that I might as well do what I enjoy the most - making art.
I have noticed a large disparity of dedicated art-makers in the Civ6 modding scene, and I would like to become one. I particularly enjoy and am best at making leader art; however, I can still make 3D models for buildings and districts. I am terrible at creating units, so unfortunately I can't help with that. And of course, I can make unit/building/district icons, backgrounds, etc.
I am generally not good and don't enjoy making fictional/fantasy art, but if you need help with or want some artwork for something historical, I'd love to help.
Here is some of my work:
Spoiler Raymond IV of Toulouse :

raymondiv.png

(Note: I haven't used this in a mod, so if you'd like this art then reach out to me)

Spoiler Malachy MacMulrooney of Ireland :
LEADER_RF_MACMULROONEY_NEUTRAL.png

Spoiler Vseslav I of Polotsk :
Vseslav_1l.png

(I haven't used this one either; again, feel free to ask if you want it

Spoiler Philip IV of Spain :
philip iv.png
(I also haven't used this; same goes for this one, feel free to ask me)

If you want to see more, see my workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198070918632/myworkshopfiles/?appid=289070&p=1
Feel free to reach out to me in any way, as I'd love to get back into making art.

I would love if you would make Feitoria and Padrão, since I am reusing some that have few resemblances.

Spoiler Actual Padrao and Feitoria :

Spoiler Padrão (to do) :

Spoiler Feitoria (to do) :

Last edited:
If you're up to it, I would very much appreciate at least one of these:
Spoiler Han Wudi :
644916212.jpg

Spoiler Shiji Building :
Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 5.19.33 PM.png

It would replace the library if that helps with sizing and design.

If you find time to do any of these it would be nice!

Also, your examples are pretty amazing, I'm impressed. I used to dabble in some 3d design and I never fully grasped it.

Dang, you have some talent with leaders!

If you're still into buildings for districts...
I made a little mod that adds 2 variants to the standard factory which consume early game strategic resources, the steelworks and chemical plant. (Iron for steelworks and niter for the chemical plant.) I've recycled some tech icons so I'm pretty happy with those:
Spoiler Steelworks :

upload_2019-11-9_21-48-22.png

Spoiler Chemical Plant :

upload_2019-11-9_21-48-49.png

Unfortunately, recycling the base factory building for them, they don't stand out at all.
There's a lot of little elements of the existing IZ buildings that could likely be cobbled together to give a real "heavy industry" vibe.
Here's some inspiration from the greatest city builder that ever was or shall be, simcity 4:
Spoiler A metal foundry :

They are very reminiscent of the Gary Works in Indiana.
Alternatively, a more freestanding blast furnace:

Spoiler A chemical refinery :

You can never go wrong with pipes and scaffolding everywhere!

I mean just sticking extra smokestacks or pipes/tanks on the existing factory would honestly be fine.

Alternatively, if your asset editor is still kaput, there's a similar industrial themed civ I have made, but I was planning to use this static image for the leader:
Spoiler From Civ5: Empires of the Smoky Skies :

I know you said you're not really a fantastical guy, but just a middle aged man in a suit with a top hat Is all I'm going for. (Although welding goggles were a nice touch.) Teddy Roosevelt's model with a top hat, even.

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-9_21-54-5.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-9_21-54-5.jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 184
I have a pretty simple art request I hope you can help out with. I'm working on a mod that will let players build multiple copies of ocean bridges and long canals, like the golden gate bridge and the panama canal. The gameplay works just fine, but I don't know anything about makingng art assets for buildings. It would be great if you could help out by making versions of the existing wonders, but with the iconic red colors replaced by regular gray metal. I'd appreciate any help you can offer!

Would you be interested in helping doing the Crown of Aragon art? It would mean building models, leader and icons (also unit models if you're able and willing). It'd be a great help!

Top Bottom