Doing things with less than 100% movement

eXeel

Chieftain
I wonder... When I take one step as a worker, then start farming or take one step, then start healing with a warrior etc. Will it do anything, or do I need a full movement saved up? Then I might as well take two steps or stay where I am and heal :)

yes, you need full movement for that. an exception are pillaged tiles that will only take 1 turn to repair, i.e. with pyramids, liberty policy or on quick speed. that will happen instantly

It doesn't matter how much movement is left to do anything. You can even attack with only 0.25 movement left (taking a road with machinery at 2 movement) for 7 road tiles and for the last tile you're free to move in any direction.

Healing however requires you to not have moved at all during a turn (unless you got the promotion to heal every turn (like march) on a specific unit).

That is mixed answers :) So we agree healing takes a full turn. But you guys disagree on working.

FeiLing was just talking about attacking. i'll take a closer look in my next game, but i'm pretty sure building or repairing needs a worker not to move to have any effect. i think i'm going to test that right now

no, you can move into a new tile and build a road with a worker in the same turn and it won't take longer than if you started building the road without moving.

As far as I remember it's always been the case in civ games.

oh wow, i always thought that it's the same as with healing. after over 1000h of civ V, this is kind of embarrassing :/

oh wow, i always thought that it's the same as with healing. after over 1000h of civ V, this is kind of embarrassing :/

Don't worry. I have almost 400 hours and didnt know that hill+forest = 3 movement cost until a week ago

Therefore, if you want to improve something 2 tiles away, its better to move 1 tile, and start a farm or road, then move 1 tile and start the improvement next turn, instead of moving 2 and ending on the tile in the first turn. This assumes 1 movement cost tiles.

Therefore, if you want to improve something 2 tiles away, its better to move 1 tile, and start a farm or road, then move 1 tile and start the improvement next turn, instead of moving 2 and ending on the tile in the first turn. This assumes 1 movement cost tiles.

Except that usually every time you (I at least) will forget about it and keep finishing the wrong tile :D

Top Bottom