Doing things with less than 100% movement

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by eXeel, Oct 17, 2013.

1. eXeel

eXeel Chieftain

I wonder... When I take one step as a worker, then start farming or take one step, then start healing with a warrior etc. Will it do anything, or do I need a full movement saved up? Then I might as well take two steps or stay where I am and heal :)

2. Hyperion529

Hyperion529 Prince

yes, you need full movement for that. an exception are pillaged tiles that will only take 1 turn to repair, i.e. with pyramids, liberty policy or on quick speed. that will happen instantly

3. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

It doesn't matter how much movement is left to do anything. You can even attack with only 0.25 movement left (taking a road with machinery at 2 movement) for 7 road tiles and for the last tile you're free to move in any direction.

Healing however requires you to not have moved at all during a turn (unless you got the promotion to heal every turn (like march) on a specific unit).

4. eXeel

eXeel Chieftain

That is mixed answers :) So we agree healing takes a full turn. But you guys disagree on working.

5. arand86

arand86 Warlord

You don't need full movement to improve tiles.

You do to heal

6. Hyperion529

Hyperion529 Prince

FeiLing was just talking about attacking. i'll take a closer look in my next game, but i'm pretty sure building or repairing needs a worker not to move to have any effect. i think i'm going to test that right now

7. TheGrandWazoo

TheGrandWazoo Warlord

no, you can move into a new tile and build a road with a worker in the same turn and it won't take longer than if you started building the road without moving.

As far as I remember it's always been the case in civ games.

8. Hyperion529

Hyperion529 Prince

oh wow, i always thought that it's the same as with healing. after over 1000h of civ V, this is kind of embarrassing :/

9. arand86

arand86 Warlord

Don't worry. I have almost 400 hours and didnt know that hill+forest = 3 movement cost until a week ago

10. Smote

Smote Emperor

Therefore, if you want to improve something 2 tiles away, its better to move 1 tile, and start a farm or road, then move 1 tile and start the improvement next turn, instead of moving 2 and ending on the tile in the first turn. This assumes 1 movement cost tiles.

11. flying_dug0ng

flying_dug0ng Chieftain

Wait whaat?! I did not know that either *boggle*

12. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

Except that usually every time you (I at least) will forget about it and keep finishing the wrong tile :D