Domestic Advisor - what are these columns?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Sandman2012, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Sandman2012

Sandman2012 Chieftain

What do the columns with the "red coin" thing and the "chess piece" thing repesent? Arrows on the pic below point to the ones I mean.

2. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Deity

first one is maintenance cost of the city. And second one, if I'm not mistaken, the number of units garrisoned in it.

3. JaDo

JaDo Chieftain

Oh, goodness, that's been annoying me for ages! Thanks! (I should have asked, myself!)

4. Bushface

Bushface Deity

I can't believe the "red coin" column refers to maintenance: the values in that column are way below the maintenance costs of my cities. As for the "chessman" column, that shows the number of units present in the city, even if by chance they're just passing through. The great benefit of this column is, to me, that you can see at once if cities are likely to get fractious and demand military protection.

5. jeffreyac

jeffreyac Mostly Harmless

fractious, good word... :)

(leaves the forums momentarily to go to a dictionary site!)

Oh, before I go, I thought the red coin thing was actually a red face for unhappiness - but i suspect now I'm wrong, as I think happiness is in another column...

(oh, and if you MUST know...)

frac·tious
    –adjective
    1. refractory or unruly: a fractious animal that would not submit to the harness.
    2. readily angered; peevish; irritable; quarrelsome: an incorrigibly fractious young man.

and, yes, I really did have to look this up - hey, who says browsing the Civ forums isn't educational?