Domestic Department - Term 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefpaco

Emperor
Welcome to the Domestic Department thread. Please use this thread wisely and ask anything regarding Domestic Affairs for this term.

Domestic Leader - chiefpaco
Domestic Deputy - Chieftess
Chat Representative - FionnMcCumhall

Fanatika is so very young and the Domestic Department wants your input on the shape of our future!

Please share your views on:
- New City Placement
- Wonder Building
- Science/Luxury/Tax Rates
- Departmental and Provincial Budgets
- Provincial Borders
- Build queues for out-of-province towns

These topics are open for discussion here and in the citizens forum.

I'll stick with Dog City. It was my response in the debates thread and I am one to follow through on my platform (at least so far ;) )

How about, Hundstadt?
It's more German. :)

I will run against you next time. Congrats on your position, though.

Originally posted by Zarn
I will run against you next time. Congrats on your position, though.

You are assuming I would run against you! Foolish I would be to do so.

I'm assembling some thoughts about Domestic issues and may use them for point of discussion here or another thread.

Budget
I think I may have to be a bit restrictive with the budet in the early going. There is a budet thread provided in the government forum here where requests can be made. However, without goals so far, it may be too difficult for me to assign funding to any department. I guess I will probably reserve our funds for trading (including tech trading), military upgrades, establishing embassies, and any pacts that we need. I am not one to hoard gold because I think that often opens us to lose more by threats and barbarians, if they should come.

Wonders
I wish we could build all the wonders. Unfortunately, on Emperor, I think we will have to carefully consider what, if any, wonders we wish to build. I want a very low risk of wasting shields and I want a high payoff for any wonder we make. Discussions on this shall follow when we have established a strong footing first.

City Density
It is important to carefully consider city placement and I have already started a thread on it in the citizens forum. I feel we shall have to build rather densely to form a strong home province. If the land is giving, 2 or 3 spaces between our cities at most would likely be my preference.

All of this is open for discussion, of course. This is by no means "how things shall be done".

Originally posted by chiefpaco

You are assuming I would run against you! Foolish I would be to do so.
You were going to run against me this time though. Are you being sarcastic?

We should start discussing the provincial plan which we want to use from the start. Pure geographic borders, but with which city-count? Will we enlarge provinces later and start with small ones, or will be start building them big from the beginning?

I'd be happy with city states for the first 3 cities then expand each of these as more cities are acquired. This will get us a workable senate quickly and is also a realistic way for the provincial governments to grow.

i think we should go for the great ibrary lighthouse and pyramids
Great library-more techs
Lighthouse-early foothold on other places
Pyramids-free granarys

A thread about wonders is coming some day. I'd like to get solid footing in the game first. I'm not convinced we should be building wonders when we have fewer than 3 cities.

Right, I agree. We don't know if we're on a pangaea, or island. The Great Lighthouse can help, but if it's a continent or larger landmass, it's out of the question. Just the reverse for pyramids. We would need more than 7 cities for it to be effective, otherwise, it's a waste of granary shields. The Great Library might be good, but what if we're the only civ on the continent? (unlikely with 16 total civs, of course). :)

I think we should start off with City-States then progress to a larger province after we have several cities.

With wonders I think we should go for the Great Library first; then try for the Great Lighthouse, which is going to be difficult to get; and I think we have a good shot at the Hanging Gardens. :)

Please post any turn chat instructions (if applicable) in this thread for tonight's game.

This is a map of our resource locations (including shield bonus - and trade being luxury). I've included a border, which is our visible border, not our culture border.

Assessment on where we are:

As Domestic Deputy, ;) I will try to guess at what type of world we're on. We are pretty far north, and I don't see tundra in our region, so this gives us a clue that our world may be warm. (less ice, more Jungle/forest/desert) Depending on the resources we find, that will give us a hint as to whether our world is arid, normal, or wet. My guess is normal or wet. The age looks to be somewhat rugged with the mountains and hills.

World Size: huge
Landmass: Atleast continents. We have met the Aztecs early on.
Climate: Warm
Temperature: Normal most likely.
Barbarians: No guess as of yet.

RL is going to soak up more time than I had planned when I ran for office. Since the Domestic Dept job is big, and since I hope to get more involvement, I hope to let Chieftess (Domestic Deputy) take ownership of the Provincial Borders area and encourage her great work to continue on Domestic Affairs assessing.

Thanks, CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom