Domestic: Foreign Aid Fund

Zarn

Le Républicain Catholique
Six hundred gold has been set aside strictly for foriegn aid, called the Foreign Aid Fund. This thread is for the discussion of which nation or nations receive this money. Some or all of it also may be held in the treasury for later use in foreign aid. This amount isn't the only money allowed for foreign aid, it is just the amount set aside for it.

The Ministry of Domestic Affairs asks the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for full cooperation, concerning these funds. The Ministry of Domestic Affairs believes it is a important component for a diplomatic victory, and the Minister CivGeneral's involvement is needed.

FA Deputy Minister here. I think it would be better to save our gold and instead gift excess Luxuries to those who are peeved at us.

DZ, in order to get the Diplowin, extinguishing fires is not enough, you cannot run a miser-like foreign policy and win the Diplogame.

Provolution said:
DZ, in order to get the Diplowin, extinguishing fires is not enough, you cannot run a miser-like foreign policy and win the Diplogame.

We needa do both. One time gift isn't going to affect their relations towards us in 100 years. Luxuries aren't enough sometimes either.

Then maybe we should table this idea until we are closer to the UN. We cannot have our way with sovereign nations and then expect money to heal all wounds. Same with Luxuries, I guess, although I still find it to be a better alternative than throwing money down the rabbithole.

Besides, a Histograph victory with some uncertainty is still the way to go. A diplo victory at this point just confirms our bipolararity, as we attempt to morph from soulless conquerors to benevolent sugar daddies.

Let's just live and let live, and maybe sign an MPP or two. Make some long lasting frieendships and let that dynamic carry us through the endgame.

If histograph is the case, some of us would like a minor war down the road...

lets pick the 3 most deserveing civs and give them 10gpt each. I would say Zulu, russia and america. this will be better than giving lumpsums. 10 gpt wont really help them to much (better than nothing) but it will gurantee their support for atleast 20 turns. If we chuck a Right of passage then we will have freinds. In 20 turns we will have mmps avaliable and if the 3 nations be good freinds they could qualify for our protection.

Since Russia has Nationalism, we can have an MPP with them right now. And I would personally rather dispense with our excess luxuries than give away gpt. We would still enjoy the same 20 turn friendly relationship.

DZ

I support a MPP with Russia, they are clearly the underdog in this region to China.
Plus we need to protect our legally polled Coal City in the Jungle.
Until we get aviation, MPP is the best way to protect the coal city in the Jungle.
I can support histograph victory if we allow ourselves to develop interesting and complex siutations we need to strategize and maneuver about, simplicity as it is right now will kill the game if we run for a histograph. The doves have a point, but simply avoiding international relations beyond trade and gifts, and no commitments, will indeed make this game a dull ride. I see from participation that there are only so-called doves left visible in the forums. So if you want a histograph, you really should take care of both sides interests DZ.

The great City of Zojoji is considering breaking away from the great nation of Japanatica in order to qualify for some healthy Foreign Aid.

:D Just kidding.

Top Bottom