1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Domestic issues 100 BC (eastern cities)

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of Democracy III' started by TheViking, May 9, 2003.

?

What shall we do in our eastern cities ?

1. A. IPRB settler in Naervana (recommended)

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. A1. Caravan next in Naervana

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. A2. Military unit next in Naervana

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. B. Another caravan in FW once current one is finished

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  5. C1. Switch to elephant in Viking Mine if we acquire polytheism soon (recommended)

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  6. C2. Continue with settler in Viking Mine

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TheViking

TheViking The world is not enough

These cities are much less developed than the western cities and more vulnerable so I'm recommending to IPRB a settler in Naervana - we really need to start connecting these cities with roads ASAP (no nice rivers to speed up unit movement as in the western province). Also the cities are very vulnerable so I'm recommending building an elephant so we can better protect Ipec and VM (the most valuable cities there) - I'm assuming we'll have polytheism a few turns from now.

2. naervod

naervod My current user title

Voted all the recommended. After we IPRB the settler, we should go for a caravan in Naervana.

3. TimTheEnchanter

TimTheEnchanter I...am...an Enchanter!

A - Rush the 6 sheilds this turn. The city will grow going into the next turn, so move the ocean worker onto the forest now. The new worker should go on the Sheilded grass - this would give us 5 shield production (even with the waste) and complete the settler in 2 turns.

A2 - I'd build the elephant here instead of VM

No to B - I'd probably build a Dip there next since we don't have one in the area. However, a caravan would not be a bad thing, either

C2 - (See A2) Although I can understand both sides of the argument.

4. funxus

funxus Orange Cycloptic Blob

I once again agree with Tim:)
    It's better to spread out the settler support, so I'd like a settler in VM (which right now have good foodprod, but has run out of good food squares and will need irrigation). I'd also like a rider built in Nae for protection against those we can't bribe.

I voted caravan, but agree we need a dip in the area (FW, Igl, EF and maybe Neu). We also need a good connection though, so we might want to help the settler in Igl at the same time to be able to road between the three cities.