Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b7) Settle eventually (recommended)

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • b7) Settle immediately

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

funxus

Orange Cycloptic Blob
Well, we have a totally new starting location with a buffalo, sea and a hut in sight. We have two settlers to begin with, but what shall we do with them.
There are two main strategies:
- settle as fast as we can
- explore and improve before settling

Personally I think it's better to have two potentially good cities later, than two bad cities early.

How poll works:
a and b are the two different settlers, and please don't vote on two options with the same numbers and others that may oppose each other.
Hopefully I managed to get this poll right and understandable:)

I seem to have a problem with the img-tag, it only makes a link, so I attached it from my computer.

Attachments

• cfc_start.jpg
    cfc_start.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 145
:goodjob: poll! I voted:
a1) Pop hut (recommended)
b5) S to Road shielded grassland
a6) Settle eventually (recommended) & b7 Ditto
We are more likely to get a None Settler from a future Hut once both of these settle. And we'll have TWICE the productivity :)

I voted a1, a6, b4, b7.

Actually the poll says "Settle eventually" and I voted for that but I really want to settle ASAP, i.e. b6 should IMO happen two turns from now unless the terrain next to the two green squares turns out to be really bad, for example lots of desert and mountains. By the time b7 happens we will have popped the hut.

pop the hut first. Then continue North IF the terrain looks interesting. B should explore SE, then settle or explore depending on what is found there. By the end of two turns we need to be looking to settle somewhere ASAP.

Down here is a picture of the starting location, but with some dots and lines on it..

• Red dots -> possible special locations
  • Blue dots -> interesting city sites (with regard to the specials)
  • Black dot -> would have been a blue dot if only there wouldn't have water there :D
  • White dot -> deceiving square

You'd probably expect a red dot at white dots'square, but looking at the special/hut-pattern map funxus posted before, that never occurs in this situation..

As i see it, we go for either one of the blue dots..
Going directly to the one on the left and settle would be risky, but there's a chance of getting 4 specials..
Going to the one on the right would uncover the red dot right beneath it.. When settling on this blue dot could give us a maximum of 2 specials..

My idea would be going one square south to the shielded grassland, build a road there and then going east to settle on the grassland square (right blue dot)..

All this offcourse while the other settler pops the hut before the first city is settled to get a NONE-unit..

Top Bottom