1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Domestic Minister Term 9

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by DaveMcW, Apr 27, 2007.

1. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

:hmm: I thought that we believed Innovia to have spoiled our bid for the GM. Maybe I'm just confused....

Defense is requesting that the bureaucrats over here put Immortal Keep back onto Military production after the worker is produced. If there's a little slop before the horses are hooked up, we could spit out a catapult. :salute:

2. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Here's a rough draft of my irrigation plan. Farms aren't the highest priority in every city, but it's helpful to know where they will go.

3. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Looks great!

Now at least I know where they go :)

4. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I thought the plan around MB was to either Workshop or watermill the area, so that we can get greater production from that city, since it was going to be the site of the Iron Works.

5. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

We don't have enough food to support workshops right now. We can replace the farms with workshops after state property.

I do have 4 watermill spots picked out already.

6. classical_hero

So once we switch to State Property we will go for workshops.

7. Memphus

Memphus Deity

So As a Side note, I still see us having Engineering by the time we said we would :). The added bonus is that we will also have economics.

Do we at this point want to start planning further with Pfiffle?

8. Memphus

Memphus Deity

I am quite interested in the calculations, if you ever have a minute to post what you figured orignally and what you figure now :)

9. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

We need to have 82-89 hammers invested in the cavalry to get 60:hammers: from pop rushing. We have 62 invested right now.

The missionary will overflow 24 hammers, which is multiplied by the forge to 30 hammers. So we will end up at 92 hammers in the cavalry.

10. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Turn 175

I am in favor of cranking up science to 100% to burn through our gold surplus. The sooner we get Steel, the sooner we can run over everyone with cannons.

11. Memphus

Memphus Deity

I second that.

We can also whip out 2 more Libraries next turn for a little more :science:

And besides until the Capital has the bank (5 more turns) we really arn't getting as much out of any % towards :gold:

12. classical_hero

I have a few questions.

Are we eventually going to workshop around Sunrise Citadel, since we hav plenty of food there right now?

Are we going to windmill or mine the free hill near our Holy city?

13. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Turn 177

Here are my general short-term goals.

1. Sunset Fortress: Build a university, and whip 4 more (SC, PD, PoM, Holy City) on the turn it finishes. This will allow us to start Oxford University in the capital.

2. Holy City: Whip cavalry after all our farms/mines/merchants are being used. We need to squeeze a market and university in at some point.

3. Capital: Connect the iron, then directly cottage (no chopping) the remaining forests.

4. Research Steel, then switch all military production to cannons. Our invasion force will be mostly Cannons/Cavalry/Galleons.

14. Memphus

Memphus Deity

We now Have 3 workers at Scion City without any general plan.

Please Advise.

Also the Irrigation for Argyle's Watch is almost done, Will all of these workers join the Mighty B development?

15. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Ahh Yes what do we want to build in the capital while we wait for Oxford University?

Workers are 3 Turns (2 for the first one)
    Settler is 5 Turns (4 for the first one)

As we have 3 city sites unfounded, 2 fishing villages & Sanctuary West.

For these 3 cities the Holy city could :whipped: Missionaries and apply its overflow to a university (as the cavalry will be :whipped: next turn)

This would put the settler joining up at Sanctuary with a Missionary to expand borders for incense.

Keep in mind the Capital doesn't have a barracks yet. & 3 workers around Scion City can work faster than the city can grow right now, and we have 1 Cho-ku-nu just fog busting the West right now. This will also give us anotehr port city for Boats

16. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Settlers sound like a good thing to build in the capital.

Missionaries are basically free due the nice overflow, so you are welcome to whip as many as we can use.

Worker jobs:
    2 - connect iron and cottage the capital plains
    1 - cottage the PoM plains
    the rest - keep improving Scion City. Every grassland should be farmed, so we can grow at a decent rate and work the mines.

17. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

Sounds good to me.

But might we want to get a Barracks in the Capital here at some point to help build the invasion forces? (and/or be ready to help produce defensive forces if attacked)

I guess I'd try to jam a barracks into our builds before Oxford (maybe at the expense of 1 settler) just to give us increased flexibility.

But I'm ok either way!
    :salute:

18. classical_hero

What are we going to so with our capital while we wait for other cities to build universities? I was thinking that we could add it to another list of military building cities, since we do have a largish production capabilities.

19. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Oxford will be available in 4 turns. That's enough time for 1 settler and a barracks.

20. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Once Steel is discovered, a lot of things change.

We will turn off research until we accumulate at least 1500 gold.

Mighty Bulwark will start building the Iron Works.

Immortal Keep will start building Cannons.

All ship-producing cities will whip Drydocks.