1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Domestic Minister Term 9

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by DaveMcW, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Steel is 1 Turn Away. As will be noted in the next update.

Good timming to Piffle just discovered Replaceable Parts the +1 :hammers: for the watermill in Mighty B will be a nice bonus.

What are our Ship building cities?

As for Cannons, those are to be done once the cavalry currently being built is finished correct? (Same idea for Mighty B it will have 1 turn left on a Cavalry once we discover Steel)

2. Memphus

Memphus Deity

The Following Units need some Orders:

Next Turn:

The Divide Working in Sunset Fortrss. Should he Mine Cottage or Windmill the Hill?

Classic Hero Move NE and start Watermill for Mighty B?
    AgarweanMove NE and start Watermill for Mighty B?

Twistlok: Move SW and Build another Farm?
    Azzaman333: Move SW and Build another Farm?

Next 2-3 Turns:

CivmanSam: Farm the Grassland to the NE or the Plains Tile to the N (Point Defiance)

MjM: Build a Lumbermill in the forest? Build a Road up to
    Icy? (Railroads are close, and they take the same amount of time wheather a road is down or not)

DaveMcW: Which improvments are the most important for MightyB?

PeterGrimes: Road down to Dune? Build More Workshop for Sunrise?

3. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Are we :whipping: out Universities or Drydocks and where?

Also as an interesting note a forest grew on a grassland tile near Point Defiance.

4. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

:woot: Lumbermill, yay! my favorite!

..and not just because I hate trees ;)

5. Memphus

Memphus Deity

what is the plan for improving dune now?

Sanctuary West?

6. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Dune will be a production city, so mining the hills is the next priority. The workers can also build any roads that will help our military.

SW should hook up the Incense first, since that's the only reason we built in that barren spot. Then add some farms so the citizens don't starve to death. It can steal a couple workers from Scion.

7. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

What are we going to do with all the money we seem to have?

EDIT. What is our currenct research Goals?

8. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

1200 gold is for researching Communism at 100% after we build Oxford University.

1200 more gold is for upgrading units the turn before we invade.

9. Memphus

Memphus Deity

How much will democracy and emancipation hurt our :mad: ?? We need to start to prepare for it... :(

10. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

I think every team running emancipation adds +10% unhappiness from population. But I haven't tested recently.

11. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

Not to doubt your orders Dave... but when you say that Al-Kwarizmi should settle in the Capital... do you mean join? or just take a nap there for a while?

Seems like with as late in the game as we are, we'd get more bang by using the Great Scientist to lightbulb a tech vs just getting the extra 6 beakers per turn?

Please enlighten me! (as I'm 99% sure I'm just missing something here)

12. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Discussion is good. :)

If the game lasts at least 100 more turns a settled scientist will pay off no matter what.

But even if the game lasts less than 100 turns, Piffle will get any tech we lightbulb for free. Which kinda ruins the point of speeding ahead in tech.

Maybe we can hide the scientist somewhere in preparation to lightbulb a future tech?

13. General_W

Well - why would Piffle have to get any tech we lightbulb for free? Under our current trade proposal, we're trading with them on a pretty favorable basis already... and I expect they'll agree to that.

If we get (for example) Scientific Method for half the cost thanks to a Great Scientist - I don't see how that really impacts our trade deals with Piffle?

EDIT: we'll just finish our obligations to Piffle under the new deal that much quicker, and therefore be that much further ahead.

14. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

I read this as:
    "I can't wait for Piffle to backstab us. We've got a Great Scientist, WE ARE INVINCIBLE!!!"

I guess we disagree on foreign policy. I favor keeping Piffle equal to us, no matter how much it costs. You favor cheating them at every opportunity.

Actually I do favor cheating Piffle, but it needs to be so subtle they don't even notice. For example, hiding scientists or settling them so Piffle can't see us getting ahead in science.

15. Memphus

Memphus Deity

The risk with hiding him is they have a great merchant comming our way, and if I recall they didn't offer to split half that gold....

I am wiht Dave on this one we need to settle him in the Capital ASAP :)

16. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I'm ambivalent. I dont' agree with DaveMcW's reading of General_W's position, but I also don't think that we can 'hide' a GS from Piffle effectively, except by selling him to someone else for something that we need more.

So settle, if we please. I don't really care either way. :)

17. General_W

Ouch. That was awfully harsh, Dave.

18. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Sorry, I didn't mean to be that harsh. :(

I just see diplomacy in black and white most of the time.

19. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Ok So we are now nearing the end of our war.

Builds I know of Capital : Temple. (is this to combat the :mad: of the war because with culture at 10% we are still ok)

But do we still want Dune & Scion City producing Cannons, or do we want to look at infrastructure?

Additionally we hvae a Galleon headed to Sunset Fortress to pick up 2 rifles & 1 Cavarly. But would thsoe untis be better suited staying near our West Coast incase Piffle or Aloha get any funny ideas?!?.

Ideally what do we want for defense in all of our coastal cities? 2 Rifles & 1 Cannon?

20. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

It's not worth using 10% culture just to fix 1 :mad: in the capital.

We can send a police unit in, but we will get more war weariness so a temple is needed eventually.

I don't think we should ever stop building military in barracks cities. Maybe we can add a market or aqueduct when needed, and certainly build factories when they are available.

2 rifles is fine for our core coastal cities. Backed up by a stack of cannons that can respond within 2-3 turns anywhere there is a threat. And of course a Frigate sentry net to detect the threat 2-3 turns in advance.

I would like to keep galleons in Sunset Fortress and Sunrise Citadel to shuffle troops around if one of those cities is attacked.