1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Domestic Minsiter Term 8

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by classical_hero, Mar 15, 2007.

1. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Memphus, just to be clear, do you want to build missionaries BEFORE or AFTER globe theater?

We will have serious happiness problems if we whip non-military units before globe finishes.

2. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Well it could also be for the year 7880 AD. ;)

City Production:
    Our Capital: Produce a Missionary
    PoM: build a settler. I am thinking with such high food production that we use this city to produce mainly workers or settlers since it will get them fast.
    SC: build the work boat.

Worker Moves:
    Worker (To be named DaveMcW): He should cottage around PoM for a while, until we get ready to settle near Scion city.
    Classical Hero: should watermill where he is. I think it is more important to get MB up and running right now.
    azzaman333: builds farms around Holy City
    Worker near IK ( to be renamed Memphus): he can road toward Overlook Bay.
    Worker near Holy City (to be renamed gbno1fan): conitnues to chop forrest for the Globe Theatre.
    fe333au: chop the forest.
    General_W: roads
    Lost_Civantares: I am not to sure what to do with him, since he will not be much use to help G_w
    Peter Grimes continues to build a farm.

I think that is all that is needed to be done this turn.

3. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Oh yeah :sad: forgot about the :) Part.

Hmmm, well it could be done before the Globe with some very intersting timing, as in once the Ivory is hooked up a warrior could come from the capital (it will gain +2 :) from the ivroy). Additionally the 2 turn Chok's comming out of IK could keep the peace, to be distributed after the globe is done.

I don't know to me I think we could make it work and at the same time Free up the capital to produce the big buildings ASAP (I.E. University as everyturn it isn't done we give up > 30 :science:)

See Above, and discuss :)

You realize that a WaterMill at this point is the exact same as a forest, but with +1 :commerce:?

Additionally MB won't have a city size larger than 2 for quite some time.
    I would still think (since the settler is now done in Sunset) that Classic Hero should road to Argyle's and then set up the 2 mines, before return to MB.

Gbno1fan after 2 forest chops, for the Globe theater, (and maybe a third for a marketplace) can head of to Mighty B and get it chugging along, at which point hopefully the Watermills are worht a little bit more :)

4. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Maybe you should calculate how many missionaries (or catapults) are actually needed. Between a forest chop and directly whipping the Globe we don't need that many.

I think MB is an ideal worker pump. It hurts me to see it wasting time on a granary and forge.

5. Memphus

Memphus Deity

:salute:

can do.

BTW at some point Dave would you mind giving a map of the order in which Watermills have to be laid down for MB, to maximize so none go on the wrong side of river :crazyeye:

6. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Ok so here is what I have come up with:

This can be done either with base :hammers: of modified. I chose base.

We require a total of 206 :hammers: to complete the Globe Theater.

This translates into : 206 / 1.75 = 118 Base :hammers:

Each forest Chop Results in 30 Base :hammers:

We will have 2, = 60 :hammers:

Leaving us with 118-60 = 58 Base :hammers:

Each 3 turn Cycle whther it be a catapult (Or a missionary) nets 26 Base :hammers:

This will only have to be done 2 times.

So we will get 2 units.

This puts us 6 Turns away from Completing the Globe theater.

That said, investing in the Monastary now, will allow us after the Globe is done to continue to exploit Overflow :hammers: from :whipped: Missionaries instead of Catapults. If we Divert and Build a Monastary the Globe theater will take us 8 turns to complete.

7. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I think we should do the Globe first. That will release several units for garrison duty in our soon-to-be-settled towns. We can plunk down a Monastery and puch Missionaries after the Globe.

8. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Right but it is the 2 catapults we get while waiting vs 2 missionaries.

Will 2 turns of a delay severly hinder unit deployment?

9. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

2 turns of delay won't severely hinder unit deployment. But don't we want to get teh Globe as soon as possible? I'm not understanding why we'd want to delay it 2 turns.

10. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Because if we delay it 2 turns, we get 2 Missionaries instead of 2 Catapults, as well as the ability to continue to build missionaries, once it is done to complete market, grocer etc.

This would also allow the capital to not divert production to build a missionary for clam cove (forgot again :( ).

Finally and hte point you will liek the most Mr. Defence Minister, is that although the globe gets delayed 2 turns, 2 cities will have our Religion 8 turns faster, which means 2 cities over 8 turns that a heathen religion won't spead :eek:

11. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I still don't understand how we get 2 Missionaries instead of 2 catapults since we need the MP to counter :mad:, but I'll just take your word for it ;)

So we're not worried about anyone else beating us to The Globe?

12. Memphus

Memphus Deity

The Ivory will take care of one :). The other will be the Chok comming from IK

Unless we build it in another city first we are ok ;)

13. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

I think you're overestimating the value of missionaries.

- Heathen religion will never spread under Theocracy.
    - I assume that whatitsname bay city will build granary, workboat - which gives plenty of time to get a missonary out.
    - We can't afford a chuk from IK - he is needed to defend our worker from Innovia's warrior
    - The sooner we free up our military police, the sooner we can boost our border defenses.

Another question - do you plan to whip the monastery when there is 31-38 hammers left? How?

14. classical_hero

When will Watermills become useful in this game?

Now things are starting to get a bit confusing for me.

15. Memphus

Memphus Deity

It will only not spread to cities which already have our state religion. Cities with no Religion are SoL

True, bt my point bove means 3 cities have the horrific possiblity of having a foreign religion spread (as of right now Toaism and Islam are fast spreading religion and we have open borders with each civ).

There is a maceman on the hill to the SE. That said if Innovia's Warrior moves NE next turn then the Maceman would not be able to stop Innovia from declaring war and capturing our worker :sad:
    - The sooner we free up our military police, the sooner we can boost our border defenses.

No...:sad: It would cost 2 pop points and receive only 60 :hammers:. Work the Monastary for 1 turn, then whip the next turn for 2 Pop. (this alleviates the :mad: situation though temporarily). The Overflow :hammers: can be applied to the Globe the following turn, along with the chop. From here the cycle would start with Missionaries.

16. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Watermills originally give + 1 hammers (+2 :food: + 1 :hammers: + 1 :commerce:)

After Replacable Parts they give another +1 hammers (+2 :food: + 2 :hammers: + 1 :commerce:)

After State Property they give + 1 :food: (+3 :food: + 2 :hammers: + 1 :commerce:)

After Electricity they give + 2 :commerce: (+3 :food: + 2 :hammers: + 4 :commerce:)

So as you can see right now they arn't that powerful. That said they do have to get put down at some time or another.
    The real power is the +3 :food: since this allows the running of Engineers, or other higher production Tiles.

17. classical_hero

So it would then be best that we wait for it to be profitable for us to put them down before we put them down. So things are a bit clearer now.

Where is our second city for the monastery be?

18. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Ok, if you're correct then I see the need for missionaries ASAP.

But you're wrong. ;)

19. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Oh wow did I ever read that wrong... and always made that assumption in my games...:cry:.

Ouch...you learn something new everyday. :lol:

Anyways I now retract my arguments forgetting Missionaries ASAP,

(but Im not crazy can everyone see why I was pushing so hard...based on what I believed :rolleyes:)

20. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Your reasoning was perfectly sound given your starting assumptions. Much better to be wrong in an assumption than wrong in your reasoning :old: