Domination Victory When Other Civ Captured Capital

Daoisticrealism

Chieftain
Hey I am playing (england) on a huge island map where I have captured all the capitals except one that another civ (america) captured a while back. I can't see that capital on the map and I don't know how to negotiate with America to give it up. Do I have to wipe out America? Spain? America and Spain? Everyone? It's a huge map, so going from city to city is a pain. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

You are going to have to capture that last capital, if your aim is to get a domination victory. Time for some late-game scouting.

You are going to have to capture that last capital, if your aim is to get a domination victory. Time for some late-game scouting.
Thanks but I scoured the whole map and I can't find that last capital. When I try to negotiate a peace treaty with America, I can see the capital Madrid in the list of possible elements but I can't select it. America will probably have to get wiped out.

Thanks but I scoured the whole map and I can't find that last capital. When I try to negotiate a peace treaty with America, I can see the capital Madrid in the list of possible elements but I can't select it. America will probably have to get wiped out.
No need to wipe out America, just find Madrid and take it. Of course, you may need to take some other American cities on the way.

No need to wipe out America, just find Madrid and take it. Of course, you may need to take some other American cities on the way.
Thanks folks. I am wiping out America now with the hopes that Madrid may magically show up because I don't see it.

I strongly suspect you are suffering from the sad lack of contrast between "fog of war - unexplored" and "fog of war - not visible". The two are easy to distinguish when next to each other, but impossible to tell apart when you just have a few hexes of one of them.

If you turn on "tile yields" it helps, but you still can't distinguish desert from unexplored that way.

Top Bottom