Domination Victory

Emmet

Chieftain
I’m a somewhat new player and I’ve conquered three capitals already and own all of Europe. It’s the year 1900 right now and conquering the entire world seems insurmountable. Do you have to conquer every capital to win the domination victory or can you just conquer more than anyone else? Thanks.

In order to end the game by domination you need to own every player’s original capital.

If it’s getting close to the turn limit (usually 500 on standard speed) then you may be in a position to win by score as well, because you conquered several other empires.

i will say this: in the late game, you have several tools available that make world conquest go very fast. One of them is Fascism, which is extremely strong with +5 strength to all units, and 50% more production.
The main ace up your sleeve is Bombers- bombers can rip an enemy city to pieces, letting you stroll in with a tank to take the bombed out, 1HP city.
Because domination requires capital cities and only capital cities, you can also use nuclear weapons to simply blast a path through their civ, decimate their capital, and send in a quick unit like a tank or helicopter to snatch it in one hit. Nukes can raze (completely delete) non original capital cities!
Be warned: the fallout will also hurt your units, which is why it is recommended you use a high movement unit to clean up after a nuclear strike- otherwise it will take too long to march and die from the radiation.
If you have gathering storm, Giant Death Robots also make very quick work of enemy empires.

If you have finished most of the technology tree, and the world map is pretty big, you may find it faster to build the spaceship for a science victory instead of slogging out a world war.

In order to end the game by domination you need to own every player’s original capital.

If it’s getting close to the turn limit (usually 500 on standard speed) then you may be in a position to win by score as well, because you conquered several other empires.

i will say this: in the late game, you have several tools available that make world conquest go very fast. One of them is Fascism, which is extremely strong with +5 strength to all units, and 50% more production.
The main ace up your sleeve is Bombers- bombers can rip an enemy city to pieces, letting you stroll in with a tank to take the bombed out, 1HP city.
Because domination requires capital cities and only capital cities, you can also use nuclear weapons to simply blast a path through their civ, decimate their capital, and send in a quick unit like a tank or helicopter to snatch it in one hit. Nukes can raze (completely delete) non original capital cities!
Be warned: the fallout will also hurt your units, which is why it is recommended you use a high movement unit to clean up after a nuclear strike- otherwise it will take too long to march and die from the radiation.
If you have gathering storm, Giant Death Robots also make very quick work of enemy empires.
Thanks so much! I have been getting a lot of science so I may want to go for that. I’m worried about using nukes because I’ve heard that if you use them, everyone in the world unites against you. We’ll see! It’s almost 1940 and I’ve got all of Europe, Africa, and the North America.

Top Bottom