Domination win

Libadanda

Chieftain
hey everyone i could use some advice for a domination victory.

Im playing on Noble, standard map on Pangae. speed Epic. With the Inca's

In an early rush i whipped the Sumarians with Quechua's. Then some later i kicked the mongolians ass. Unfortunately the war lasted longer then i though. the result was that my economic totaly collapsed. I wasnt even able the research on 10% without a lose for gold :(

With some hard work i was able to crawl back out and was able to build up my economy again and my research. But that took a long time.
At this point i have 4 Ai's left and im thinking what is the best thing to do right now. What would be wise to gain a domination victory as soon as possible?

The situation is that Zara Jaqob and Justinian are friends. And Washington and Pacal are friends. I bribed Zara to start a war with Washington hoping for a chain reaction. And it worked :D. Justinian and Pacal joined the war.

Im thinking about a few possibilities now to do
- attack and destroy washington and then aim for Pacal. But the problem is that the land of Zara and Justinian are in the way. So im afraid that the maintenance cost of that plan (for waging war and taking over cities) will result in another economic collapse.

- The second plan i have is attack and take over Justinian land. Because his land is right beside mine. But im afraid that Zara (allthough he is very happy with me) will aim his arrows to me. And then i got all 4 Ai's against me.

Beside this i am wondering if its best to attack right now or to build up my empire some more. Because i still have some land in the NW to use and through the economic collapse at the beginning of the game my scientific advantage over the Ai isnt that great right now.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Tommy AD-1335.CivBeyondSwordSave
    231.5 KB · Views: 38
Attacking Washington is a big no. Half way across the map??? Why??? No need to worry about relationship of these AI as they have no military.

Where you have lost focus is your choice of war. A lot of players go for curs/cavalry for speed. (Most skip unis. too for early war.) You could go grenadiers/cannons. Grenadiers alone might be strong enough in numbers. Or rifles and drafting.

Overall this is noble level. The biggest Ai stack i can see is 6-7 units. You should walk this home.

Once you have your military tech of choice whip each city each 2-3 turns and build up a stack of 15-25 units. Then go attack. You should be able to chain vassel all the AI with ease.

With curs I attack with just curs. A atck of 20-30 curs can do so much damage.

You have so much spare land it's crazy. Incas are way over powered for my liking with traits/UU/UB.

Cuirs are the way to go. Once you have Military Tradition make them in majority of your cities. And decide who is your first target: Byzanthine Or Ethiopia. After the capitulation choose the next nearest target and so on. The teching path after Military Tradition should go in direction of Rifling, so you can upgrade your Cuirs to Cavs as quickly as possible (they are stronger so you will lose them less).
If someone gets to Rifling and the loses of your units become to big you can use spies and initiate city revolts to get rid of the cultural defense bonuses.

Hey there
I was just reading through this for some tips and, as sometimes happens, realised I don't have some of the leaders/civs mentioned here (Sumarians/Justinians etc) I've been playing my version of 4 for years but is it possible I don't have a complete version?
Sorry to go off topic, hope you don't mind!
x

Hey there
I was just reading through this for some tips and, as sometimes happens, realised I don't have some of the leaders/civs mentioned here (Sumarians/Justinians etc) I've been playing my version of 4 for years but is it possible I don't have a complete version?
Sorry to go off topic, hope you don't mind!
x

Get Beyond the Sword (BTS). Only version you need to play.

Thanks for the tips guys :)

i will gladly use them
tomorrow im gonna kick some ass :lol:

Much belated reply but have only just discovered this on my computer - it's a whole world of new opportunities!:eek:

Yeah BtS really makes a great game even better.

Remember to pick up Buffy or BUG mod for a much more enjoyable game, while not altering gameplay. :goodjob: on those who created these mods

Top Bottom