Domination!!!

ok, failure, I don't have any screenshots, but it ended around 1920, with me collapsing the turn I would have won, ie: i got the requirements, but collapsed before I could win.... Next time, I'm not going to build my own cities outside of Europe, I'm just going to build cities and give them to vassals

Be careful of razing so many cities, too. There's a permanent stability hit for each city you raze, so for long-term survival it's best to minimize that.

I just found a good strategy for hurdling yourself over the population threshhold at the end. Playing Russia, I easily got the land requirement just by settling Siberia and Alaska, but needed help with population. I figured since what counts is the percentage of population you have compared to everybody else, reducing the enemy's population was just as good as growing mine. And there is an easy way to do that. :nuke: :lol: :nuke: :lol: :nuke: Just aim for their largest cities.

'Tis a well known tactic, nuking opponents' largest cities. In fact, you don't really have to use it in RFC, because a lot of the RFC map is uninhabitable. For RFC RAND maps, nuking is much needed since there are a lot more cities with other civs.

Wow... thats awesome!

Time to take Mali and get all Almohad on Europe's arses! :goodjob:

I realize they're unstable in terms of acceptable territory, but wouldn't their UP make financial stability easier?

You got it with Egypt? You've returned me from the dead. That's astounding.

I know I've done Ethiopia before, and I think AP has done Babylon. I do not think anyone has done Mali. But I think Mali should be easier than Egypt, since their unique power is extremely powerful.

Thanks! I also believe that Mali would be slightly easier, however, their late spawning date makes it harder to win the colonization race. I haven't continued one Mali game, where I conquered Spain and Egypt in the beginning. I am quite sure that I could finish the game with a domination victory. I posted some screenshots from the same game to the OMG-thread, here.

Wow! Ethiopia and Egypt! Color me impressed. How did you manage to keep stable?

The key is, as always, Economy. When your economy growth starts to recess, you need to conquer new lands, so that it can grow. Actually I did a story about this game, so for all the details check here.

Congratulations!:king::goodjob:

Let us know how it went, any collapse or rebellions on the path to domination :)

Makes me very glad that I couldn't be bothered to try for domination (lacking ability more than effort) on my current Mali game, would have been really annoyed to have been pipped to the post!

Are there any civs left to do???

Looks like NAm (at least partly) is essential for domination.

The beginning of my game was pretty good, as I flipped three camel archers and three impis. The Carthaginians were still around though, but I managed to conquer Carthago without losses. Egypt had collapsed and the Arabs had not even managed to conquer barbarian Djanet. I took Paraitanion with the loss of one impi and Djanet without losses.

Meanwhile Wadan (Rusaddir spot) and Carthago whipped galleys and Wagadugu and Daleo catapults. Then I sailed against Spain took Sevilla, Madrid and Santiago quickly before 1300AD and Barcelona soon after. Portugal vassalised around 1350
Spoiler :

After that I teched like crazy and traded my techs around to become the tech leader. Japan managed to get all the conquerors, but I vassalised Incas by declaring war on Japan. They managed to survive and I recaptured Cuzco for them.
Spoiler :

By 1775 I had colonized all the best spots in the Americas. Aztecs respawned and vassalised, buy I didn't get any other new vassals, which was unfortunate.
Spoiler :

Ottomans declared war on me after congress, but my superior forces smashed their army and they capitulated quickly. England peace vassalised to me almost immeatidely after that. By then I was pretty close to winning, so I conquered some spots after France and Arabia collapsed and fed settlers to England.
Spoiler :

Eventually I won in 1963!
Spoiler :

Wagadugu is a great city spot!
Spoiler :

Stability wasn't a too bad issue at any point and after I got the American cities up and running, I was solid. In the end due to a long golden age and State Property though.

:clap: how did you get Spain?

Thanks, I had four catapults, three veteran camel archers, a war elephant and a longbowman. They only had longbowmen and their defences were low (20, Madrid 40).

I have been inspired to do what I had started this thread to do in the first place: use the vast knowledge and experience to help me to achieve my personal goal of winning a domination victory on monarch with all the civs.
So far I have done it with the French only (I did Babylon on Viceroy). I'm doing Rome now, it seems unlike that I'll succeed, so I'll wait until next attempt before asking game-specific questions, but here's some general ones:
What is the best path to domination (for Rome), should i conquer early on, or later? get lots of vassals? expand a lot? and in any of those cases how do I keep my economy stability rating up? I know it involves always growing economically, but how do I go about doing that?
Any help will be most appreciated, cheers in advance

Edit: going back over my earlier posts I see that I've already tried Rome, so, wanting to go for someone new, I going to try as Greece, but the above questions still stand

Top Bottom