DominatrNES: Infinite Struggle

Perfect.
To Garussa
From Alexaendros

Thank you very much for aiding us in the conquest of the Ectans. We offer you a chance to join the great Alexaendros Empire willingly for protection.

Protection? We have no desire to cower behind you for there is nobody to be frightened of. We just brought down the bear, there is no reason for fear. We shall celebrate! Organize a feast at once!

OOC: Does using religious conversion count as a hostile action?

OOC: So basically it depends on how I RP it?

To: Mbaragam and Imimbi

Greetings, the kingdom of Amu Daria has recently found many wondrous things from foreigners beyond the sea. We do not wish to horde these secrets for ourselves and have found it in our interests to look for other trading partners. Will you open your borders with us to each other's traders?

OOC: So basically it depends on how I RP it?

To: Mbaragam and Imimbi

Greetings, the kingdom of Amu Daria has recently found many wondrous things from foreigners beyond the sea. We do not wish to horde these secrets for ourselves and have found it in our interests to look for other trading partners. Will you open your borders with us to each other's traders?

sort of, it takes timing and careful planning for it to go right, and a higher religion stat in comparison to the target helps out.

To: Amu Daria

Certainly, we shall send our traders down the river with jungle fruit and fish in exchange for the goods you may have in your port.

To: Guistaios

The Lycian Empire wishes to promote trade and peace between our two nations. What do you say?

To: Concha

Our victories in battle will never be forgotten! We must also help each other economically. Would you agree to a trade agreement?

To: Dromeria

The Lycian empire is disappointed that you took the rightful Lycian islands, against our previous agreement. Surrender them or we will ensure your nation no longer exists.

To: Sogulcis, Tharanes

Lycia would like to open trade with our distant neighbors. We believe a free trade exchange between nations can benefit all. We have high quality armor and weaponry your nations could benefit from, and we believe you also have goods that would be of use to the Lycian people.

Protection? We have no desire to cower behind you for there is nobody to be frightened of. We just brought down the bear, there is no reason for fear. We shall celebrate! Organize a feast at once!

Aye, but look to the north. Two large powers are fighting it out to the death, and I suspect the victorious one will be bloodthirsty. Regardless, let us rejoice, and conquer our enemies another day!

OOC: I hate how Safari highlights things as being incorrect grammar yet doesn't tell me why :/

To: Lycia

Of course, we shall prosper together! Let us trade and make progress.

Let us strengthen our bond through exchanges of goods. We shall not only be mighty, but rich as well!

Have you not noticed that years before, Oranella had attacked those islands and claimed them for themselves. We heard rumors of a planned attack, so we captured the islands before they could execute it. We sacrificed many men and ships in your honor, and you accuse us of being traitors? If you wish, we will return the land to you, but we want you to be aware that it was an act of good intent.

Yes, we shall trade. Perhaps we can interest you in some exotic ivory to reward your finest warriors for their efforts in battle. In return, crops would be preferred. The soil is thick and dry, making it tough for us to grow our own.

To: Alexaendros

This is an offer we do not expect you to take, but we shall offer it regardless. Perhaps we could have your western territory in Enpreca, and we could use it to help exotic luxuries find their way to your homelands faster. Since your traders in that area don't seem to be too heavily engaged, we offer you our service, for the betterment of the two of our empires.

OOC: Ohey there. Forgot to conquer them because of Ecta :p

IC:
To Glypthus
From Alexaendros

Why should we give you the land? I know you said for trade, but I won't give it away to a stranger.

Have you not noticed that years before, Oranella had attacked those islands and claimed them for themselves. We heard rumors of a planned attack, so we captured the islands before they could execute it. We sacrificed many men and ships in your honor, and you accuse us of being traitors? If you wish, we will return the land to you, but we want you to be aware that it was an act of good intent.

Yes, we shall trade. Perhaps we can interest you in some exotic ivory to reward your finest warriors for their efforts in battle. In return, crops would be preferred. The soil is thick and dry, making it tough for us to grow our own.

To: Dromiera

We were not aware of this. We have been busy in our battles in the north. Seeing as it was your victory, we shall allow you to retain the islands, for now.

Perhaps we can find an agreement that would allow Dromiera's full independence. We shall see.

To: Solgulcis, Tharanes

Our soil is fertile and our crops are plenty. We accept your offer.

University of Kenamara, year 20XX

Spoiler :

Ifon Ondo, professor of Emprecan History

Ifon waited for his students to file into the lecture hall and turn in their essays before starting on his lecture.

“Today we shall move away from western Empreca and look east toward the Bambari River. As many of you know and have written about in previous essays the nations of the Bambari River were perfect examples of the river valley civilizations. Situated in an area with some of the most fertile soil in the continent the new nations along the river were generally defined by their stable governments and trade. Amu Daria in particular was famous for opening the nations to the other great empires of the time after the voyages of Kalu.”

“After the temporary alliance between the Imimbi and Amu Darians against the Emorna relations were solidified between the downstream nations of the Bambari River. The Mbaragam who had close relations with the Imimbi gained by association close relations with the Amu Darians. When the three kingdoms opened their borders to each other it rushed through an unprecedented amount of trade along the river, however, the benefits of the trade were not equally spread out. The Amu Darians held complete control of the mouth of the river and thus gained a monopoly on foreign goods. The Mbaragam controlled the junction in the river that connected the Imimbi to the Amu Darians, and due to controlling the cross roads nearly all trade passed through them increasing their wealth. The Imimbi merchants, however, usually spent time competing with the Mbaragam traders.”

“Now can someone tell me some of the important effects of the trade?”
Numerous hand were raised “It encouraged the diffusion of ideas.” “It helped bring the different cultures together.” “It provided enough wealth to the upper classes to allow them to become patrons of the arts.”

Ifon nodded “All good answers and all correct. But there was also one other effect of the increased trade, the spread of religion along the Bambari River. The merchants from Amu Daria not only brought foreign goods up the river but also their religion. Unlike the holy wars of Khay Lat the religious conversions came peacefully, sometimes through merchants settling down in other nations and taking wives who they passed their religion onto. But more often it was due to other merchants from Mbaragam and Imimbi converting to Kodinani, they did this because Kodinani seemed very attractive to them. Unlike their religions which honored the warriors above all and often put the merchants lower than the farmers due to the fact that they only sold what other people made, Kodinani had no emphasis on the idealization of warriors due to their cynical view of how quickly any thoughts of bravery evaporated in the face of an elephant charge. Kodinani also gained many folowers due to how open it was to other believers, the merchants could still worshiped their old gods only now they saw them as manifestations of Ani-Chukwu. And finally the conversion to Kodinani made dealing with Amu Darian merchants much easier for the other nations who relied on them for pottery and as a buyer for their fruits and fish.”

“The conversion of the merchants was not an instant event but rather a slower process that was never noticed by the other nations until the followers of Kodinani were too numerous to simply persecute. And from the merchant class the religion spread further due to native preachers who would try to convert their countrymen and the marriages between merchants and other classes.”

FROM Phoces
TO Imrad

Phoces shares great cultural bonds with Sinopa. Cease any reprisals against the Sinopan people, and return all your conquests. In addition, pay Sinopa a fee of 3 gold to prove you are sorry.

Attacks on friends of Phoces will not be tolerated. Experience this at your own peril.

To: Phoces

Please, you do not understand our situation. We had just lost a great section of our empire on the western side of the Trymos to conversion by followers of Kurjai. Some of our best farmland became part of Suppa and our people began to starve. With religious turmoil and instability throughout the empire, we had nowhere to turn. The military requested permission to invade Sinopa to gain territory, or they would overthrow me and hang me from a tree. There is more to the situation than it seems. Let us negotiate and make sense of this.

TO Imrad
FROM Phocesian Ecclesia

Nevertheless, invasion of a friend of Phoces is unacceptable. HOWEVER, Phoces will be merciful and will not punish you IF you agree to the following terms.

-Imrad will cease all reprisals against Sinopans.
-Imrad will return all conquered territory.
-Imrad will pay reparations of 3 gold to Sinopa.
-Imrad will become a protectorate of Phoces
--Protecotrate defined as: Imrad will exist as a semi-soverign entity, but will be required to secure Phocesian permission to do such things as make war.
--As a protectorate, Imrad will pay yearly taxes of gold to Phoces. In return, Imrad will receive Phocesian trade and protection.
--Phoces will ship food from Tyrmos Province to Imrad yearly.

Your other option is destruction. Choose wisely.

To: Phoces

It might as well have been phrased, "Phoces will be merciful and not punish you if you accept the following punishment."
We are not fools, we will not fall for your trap and allow ourselves to be chained like the rest of the mindless subordinates who see their independence as worth less than guarantees of protection. You wish to sabotage our right to declare war and likewise remove our own warriors from our grip. You liken us to dogs who bite without a proper motive, a bear who swipes at any wanderer. We have no need of your protection, nor will we ever. Just because one province was fool enough to bow to your arrogance, does not entitle you to enforce similar principles on us. We do not need you to ship food to us; and our farmers are not mindless buffoons. We take your offer as a direct insult to our culture and our sovereignty.

How come Lushyaz was never subject to your "diplomacy" and "negotiation", even though they brought suffering to Sinopa. Not too long ago, your own warriors swung their clubs and Sinopans as they ran for safety. Is it irony or just delusion?

What civil gentlemen you are, conducting your negotiating with threats and blackmail, trying to instill fear in us and get us to submit to your self proclaimed authority. It is too late for further discussion. The door is closed. We have no choice but to shatter the spines of every last Phocesian. We will sink every whip navigating along our river, torture every merchant of trickery, and unleash our fury upon your savages in battle. Let this be an example to all of what it truly means to be sovereign.

PLEASE READ
To all members:

I have decided that since the a hurricane cancelled school in my area until Wednesday, i will be updating once again. I need orders to be in by Monday night at the LATEST, and i will be moving on regardless of if you send the orders in or not. (that is, if i have electricity :lol:) Please, get your orders in as soon as you are able to so i can have a chance to update again. I know this is on short notice, but with so much time on my hands, i can't resist the desire to update once again! (If you miss it, it's not a huge deal, orders will be due again either Friday or Saturday, i'll figure that out later.

Let me know if you won't be able to get orders in.

OOC: wow, sending my orders in early was rather lucky. Hope the hurrican doesn't cause you much trouble.

I will try my hardest to get them in tonight or tomorrow. However, I'm going to get hit by the hurricane possibly hard (where I live, Cape Cod in Massachusetts, is practically a island), so I might lose power, and not get orders in.

Top Bottom