1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Donated Land Unit placed in Water

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by adac, Nov 15, 2019.

1. adac

adac Chieftain

The logic on donated units could use a tweak; Germany was attacking one of my allied city states (which is another problem; how can they declare war on one of my allies without declaring war on me?). The were using exclusively naval units and were slowly wearing down the defenses. In addition, I was sanctioned so I wasn't even able to demand or negotiate an end to the war.

So I decided to donate a Rocket Artillery, as the highest level siege unit should be able to devastate their Cruisers and Ironclads and save the city. I eagerly waited the three turns, only for the unit to the be placed in the ONLY open water hex (with 10 unoccupied land hexes). Combine that with the fact it can't move the turn it appears and it was a complete waste of time as Germany immediately destroyed it.

Is this WAD?

Bromar1 likes this.
  2. adac

adac Chieftain

It did it again! I assumed I was just unlucky the first time (and maybe this is just unlucky again), but it seems to be putting the land units in the water preferentially.

Attached Files:

3. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

Please report this to GitHub - seems like a bug.

Re attacking a city state without triggering war with the allied major civ, I think this has been the standard behavior since vanilla. It works only one way. If you are DOWed, your CS allies declare too, but if an allied CS is attacked, it does not trigger DOW with you.

bigcat88 likes this.
  4. HeathcliffWarriors

HeathcliffWarriors King

Sounds like a bug to me.