Don't ask don't tell ruled unconstitutional

Show me the consitutional line where it says that they have to show the constitutional line.

Their job is to interpret the constitution, not pass laws.

Miles, you should've expected this kind of explanation from a pro-slavery traitor.

I oppose slavery. You could consider me a supporter of treachery since I think states are allowed to secede, but I still oppose slavery.
That's the point, Dommy.

Yet a poorly constructed one:lol:

Sure you can. As long as the forbidden races don't tell someone that they're not white, they'll be fine. It's only if they insist on being flaming minorities that they'll get kicked out. Obviously, a commanding officer would not be allowed to ask a soldier if he or she wasn't white, or hunt out that evidence by methods such as looking at them.

:lol:

This makes no sense. Why would they care if they could say their race anyway? Everyone could see it! (This policy would still be racist to be frank.)
Actually, I'm offended by the very idea of tolerating the existence of other races, especially in the same room as me. It makes about as much sense as being "offended" by the thought of being civil to a gay man/woman. The very existence of non-whites is morally wrong, and I shouldn't be required to violate my moral conscience to serve the country I love so much.

If you are just talking about "Being Civil" your point is sort of valid. If your talking about having to share a shower or sleep with them, something that could easily become or feel sexually uncomfortable or wrong, the argument falls to pieces.

This makes no sense. Why would they care if they could say their race anyway? Everyone could see it! (This policy would still be racist to be frank.)

Well, duh, that's the whole point. We have to keep those minorities firmly in the closet, just like with gay people.

If you are just talking about "Being Civil" your point is sort of valid. If your talking about having to share a shower or sleep with them, something that could easily become or feel sexually uncomfortable or wrong, the argument falls to pieces.

Sexually uncomfortable? SEXUALLY UNCOMFORTABLE?!

Every time I see someone who isn't white, I get seized up with a terrible panic. It's a bloody miracle when I don't eliminate that minority off the face of the earth, for having the gall to offend god with his non-white skin, and scare me like that. Most of the time I do, then I have to go to all the bother of hiding the body.

The military insists that I shower (naked, without even a pistol! (except the one)) with minorities, sleep in the same room as them (allowing them a chance to kill me), and not shoot them the moment I'm given a loaded weapon. This sends me into a constant state of terror, and I can hardly breathe, the thought of being around minorities scares me so bad. And you're complaining about gay people because they make you a little SEXUALLY UNCOMFORTABLE?!

Well, duh, that's the whole point. We have to keep those minorities firmly in the closet, just like with gay people.

Sexually uncomfortable? SEXUALLY UNCOMFORTABLE?!

Every time I see someone who isn't white, I get seized up with a terrible panic. It's a bloody miracle when I don't eliminate that minority off the face of the earth, for having the gall to offend god with his non-white skin, and scare me like that. Most of the time I do, then I have to go to all the bother of hiding the body.

The military insists that I shower (naked, without even a pistol! (except the one)) with minorities, sleep in the same room as them (allowing them a chance to kill me), and not shoot them the moment I'm given a loaded weapon. This sends me into a constant state of terror, and I can hardly breathe, the thought of being around minorities scares me so bad. And you're complaining about gay people because they make you a little SEXUALLY UNCOMFORTABLE?!

Please stop with strawmen and address my actual points. Until then, I refuse to respond;)

What points were those? Miles just blunted every one.

Please stop with strawmen and address my actual points. Until then, I refuse to respond;)

I actually did address your points, you just decided to give Ekolite more fuel for his misunderstandings of American culture.

To put it in serious language:

The military doesn't generally give two craps about how much two soldiers may find each other to be mean, repulsive, or "sexually uncomfortable", as long as everyone does their job and doesn't actively harass anyone. The only major exception to this is DADT, and it sticks out like a sore, illogical thumb. If you want to claim DADT is valid discrimination that can't and shouldn't be struck down by the judiciary, you're going to need an argument better than "it makes some people really uncomfortable."

Their job is to interpret the constitution, not pass laws.
They did not write a law. The ruling was to strike down a law that was ruled as unconstitutional. The job of the courts.

I'm saying that forcing a straight man to sleep or shower with a gay man is just the same.

You can say it until you fall over, it's still going to be crap.

First point out where the Constitution SAYS that they can serve. Its a policy decision, its not about discrimination

Yeah, you really need to learn how Constitutional law works before you start trying to argue about it.

How could I possibly understand, being a civilian woman? :rolleyes:

True, you really can't understand...

but you do pretend, so answer the god damn question, :):):):):)

If you are afraid of gays, how can we trust you to not show cowardice before our enemies?
They'll show plenty of bravery when facing the enemy. It's when the enemy is behind them that they'll be scared. How do they know the enemy isn't gay?

there are no homosexuals in iran

Or so they media there would have you beileve.

Do you honestly think any homosexuals in iran will be open about it like in the west? Not if they value their lives!

Xanikk999 said:
Do you honestly think any homosexuals in iran will be open about it like in the west? Not if they value their lives!

I dont find your statement very convincing. :lol:

There is no reason to beileve people there cant be homosexual from birth like the rest of the world. I know they have executed people for homosexual acts there or are you being sarcastic?

Or so they media there would have you beileve.

Looks like someone needs a couple weeks in a re-education camp.

THERE ARE NO HOMOSEXUAL IN IRAN

Xanikk999 said:
There is no reason to beileve people there cant be homosexual from birth like the rest of the world. I know they have executed people for homosexual acts there or are you being sarcastic?

I dont find your statement very convincing. :lol:

There are no homosexual in Iran. Ahmadinnerjacket told us so. You can draw any conclusion you want from there.

Reminds me of that little diddy.

There are no homosexuals in Iran
That's a fact,
It's a thing we can't deny
Like the fact that I will love you till I die.

This will be appealed because the Democrats don't really want DA;DT to be repealed as they'll lose a tool by which to garner votes. DA;DT literally could have been done away with at the start of the Obama administration. The fact that it's still there should tell you all you need to know.

This will be appealed because the Democrats don't really want DA;DT to be repealed as they'll lose a tool by which to garner votes. DA;DT literally could have been done away with at the start of the Obama administration. The fact that it's still there should tell you all you need to know.
Doesn't he have to get it through Congress before he can repeal it? Wouldn't that be, you know, hard? Mind you, I don't actually disagree with the bulk of your post, but it's not like Obama can just wave his hand and repeal DA;DT.

Top Bottom