1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

"Don't Cry for me Argentina!"

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Birdjaguar, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

yee

2. Tani Coyote

Tani Coyote Son of Huehuecoyotl

Ah, I remember the good ole days of IOT when the nukes would just fly.

Kinich-Ahau and Immaculate like this.
  3. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 Thought Bubble Thinker Supporter

I will have limited internet access until the 22nd so don’t expect any correspondence or orders PMs or signups or anything like that until then.

4. Tani Coyote

Artistic depiction of when Tyo's wizards come back from the grave to have their revenge on me.

5. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

This is why you should sail to the Isle of Man or somewhere which Tyo would be forced to use admirals.

Tani Coyote likes this.
  6. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

An announcement:

I joined IOT(/NES), and stuck around, because I enjoyed games and telling stories, and especially because I liked many of the people I met here. I've spent the better part of a decade here, I've grown a lot here, and I will always have fond memories of all that. But it's obvious now that the majority of IOT have grown disinterested in what I came here for. A vocal minority have even made it abundantly clear that they see the forum games as unworthy of their attention--and those who still play the forum games as beneath him. IOT, exactly like NES before it, has left the subforum behind. And if that's what the community wants, it's a good thing. Regeneration is part of life.

But I don't feel welcome here anymore. I've watched--from the outside--as this "community" has steadily grown more fragmented, sectarian, and frankly toxic. I've watched--from the outside--as the IOT Discord in particular has turned into an incubator for extreme cynicism and politics that I, to be blunt, consider utterly abhorrent. I've accepted that this is what IOT wants, and I've tried to ignore all of it and carry on. Unfortunately, it's escalated and bled out to a point where I can't.

I can guarantee that this post will get shot down: perhaps in public, perhaps in a place I can't see. I'm a pacifist, and I can't particularly stomach some of the things people in this community are calling for the greater good. I'm not going to be part of a space that's become so desensitised and cynical that this is accepted and normal. If these things make me a liberal who deserves to be purged, then fine: my leaving is a good thing for everyone involved.

I wish you all the best, and I sincerely apologise to the people I've promised games to and failed to deliver. I also sincerely thank the majority of people here--those of you who have been kind to me. If you're one of them: you'll know where to find me.

Tl;dr see you.

7. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

Even since Chatango, there are some days I seriously think that chat was a mistake. :undecide:

8. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

So screw me cuz I put another abortive project out there but is the situation that extreme? lol I can't hardly want to talk to anyone at my school cuz of politics and I guess people can't hardly want to talk to each other on the Internet cuz of politics, either. Depressing.

9. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

Nothing wrong with being a pacifist. Keep being you.

10. Crezth

Crezth 話說天下大勢分久必合合久必分

One time, at the grocery store, there was this woman in the dairy section who was looking at the white eggs. So naturally I started looking at the brown eggs. She turns and sneers at me and my eggs and tells me, "I don't like your eggs." And I pointed out that her eggs were a form of violence against me. Anyway, we ended up fighting each other in the store, with eggs. Of course the brown eggs won.

11. Reus

Reus Polar Bear

JohannaK likes this.
  12. Double A

S C H I S M

13. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

14. Daftpanzer

Daftpanzer There may be more posts after this.

Hello, just to let you know I have started a new game, this time over in the dusty halls of the NES forum.

The game is a 'through the ages / tribal to modern' game, set in an alternate-geography world (re-arranged world map). There are board game elements - the world is divided into hexagonal zones as in Civ5/6, but I also want to encourage lore and worldbuilding. The graphical style I'm using is pixel art, similar to my avatar ;) as it's quite easily customised and looks clear on varying levels of zoom.

The thread is here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/daftnes-v.641012/#post-15339068

Many thanks :salute:

thomas.berubeg and Defacto like this.
  15. Tani Coyote

This community turns 9 next month on the 10th.

That's just... wow. I'm amazed it has been around that long.

And in spite of how much I've distanced myself, I still come back periodically to see how things are going.

16. Double A

ew that's a third of my life

17. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

An IOT where everybody is a Youtube algorithm.

gay_Aleks and Crezth like this.
  18. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

Statists DESTROYED with LOGIC and FACTS

19. GenMarshall

GenMarshall High Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Im pretty much in the same boat.

20. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

An IOT where everybody is a Youtube algorithm but with BOTWAWKI characteristics.

gay_Aleks likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.