1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

"Don't Cry for me Argentina!"

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Birdjaguar, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Danwar

Danwar Warlord

I actually had several ideas for a more medieval IOT in attempt to make something that models the decentralized nature of feudal states while also not being a complete headache to represent for the GM, but a main component I had to balance tall and wide play was Population. As opposed to just province-counting, someone could build up provinces by spending a certain amount of EP, and income from provinces would vary wildly depending on that. Higher population provinces both have a higher amount of people to tax but are also easier to collect taxes from rather than just a few towns and scattered farms everywhere (For example, let's say Constantinople has 10 population - it would generate at least twice as much as 10 1-population Russian provinces assuming both were held by the same country with the same modifiers), so they would yield far more income than several low-pop provinces of the same overall population value - but due to technological limits building up your cities would also become prohibitively expensive at certain points and your population would probably just reduce back to below that even if you did build it up because disease and famine and all that. But, at the same time, conquering and integrating those high-pop provinces would be a boon indeed.

Sonereal likes this.
  2. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Reminds me a lot of Iron and Blood, really, which was a very fun game way back in the day (I'm an oldhead, what can I say?)

The way Iron and Blood worked is you spend EP to develop provinces and development was capped by the province's population. There's an infinite number of ways of going about that, of course, but its a pretty solid gameplay loop.

3. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

this would be pretty interesting in a scenario, like, say, Medieval France, or if you really wanna go nuts, the Holy Roman Empire somewhere in the 15th century or something.

4. Sonereal

Going to try to run a Delta Green one-shot tonight if I can get three to five people on board. Character creation is quick. If you're interested, I'll give you an invite to the Discord server.

5. Sonereal

Lets talk about the definition of a one-shot

6. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

Is there a IOT about to start where I can launch a glorious return campaign??

7. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Oh my God! Who left the graveyard gates open?

There are one or two games in development, but I suggest joining one that's ongoing. I dont expect them to start anytime soon.

8. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 The Continuation of the Dream Supporter

Holy shirtballs, @mayor is back?! Its been so long! How ya doing mate?

(Psst you should join my game. It has multiple major NPCs open and room for new nations. Its been on unofficial hiatus for a few months but I can confirm that it will return before the end of the year).

9. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

@JohannaK I think it was Mosher

@NinjaCow64 Yeah good, some time on my hand and was thinking, what do I want to do? Well here I am.

I looked at yours, and I have no idea what's going on.:crazyeye: I'll have to read the whole thing I'm afraid :lol:

10. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

Oh my sweet summer child...

11. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

12. MartinLuther

MartinLuther look at this kawaii anime boy i found :)

13. Tolina

this is such a dark article honestly every time I think of the pizza hut ad I get a desire to get violently alcoholic

14. MartinLuther

MartinLuther look at this kawaii anime boy i found :)

15. Tolina

so tired of 0800 classes

PS: you should join Crezzy's server we need you

16. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

You made me think the comic was suddenly getting revived and I got excited. Now I have to feel the heartbreak a second time. :cry:

17. Tolina

im ""stalinism"" on the right ecks dee

18. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    There’s not much these days if your looking for a buffet or classic IOT. There’s only two: One by NC and the other by Thor. Though I’d suggest putting them in your watch list since there updates are quite long. Though that’s cause RL slapped them both silly.

19. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Just a note: the game I am planning for making is of elements of the classic IOT with modern considerations, particular of the choice & roll mechanisms which I in particular take high joy in.

Still deciding on the map issue... catered it down to three potential options.

Spoiler map 1: Hearts of Iron state map :

Spoiler Option 2: Choice and Chances style with Antartica of course :

Spoiler map 3: the isle box idea might be a practical aid for provinces of isles so to speak :

One I have decided which map to go for the rest of the rules will cometh so to speak.

20. Sonereal

RIP Chat ;(