1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't Fear the Reaper

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by Krill, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Krill

Krill Chieftain

More MM...sorry, I've done enough damage with diplomacy, time to move back into actually planning stuff...

On t103, so long as none of the other teams screw with us, we can revolt to Representation and Caste System...but with Saturn looking at going for CS soon, we are also looking at changeing to Bureacracy in the next 15 turns, which would cost us another turn of anarchy for a single civic switch.

What I'm proposing is that we revolt to Representation and Slavery around t103, and spend a few turns slaving out whatever we need out of the smaller cities, and maybe OO (that city is made of food), and when we get CS we revolt to Caste and Bureacracy and go back to tech.

If we need to run scientists, we can do with the libs that we'll have in IS, FC, JD and OO, but that is a minor point.

The real advantage of doing this is that we are starting to get short on workers, and are looking at putting FC onto another major building project, CK is possibly stuck building units for the forseeable future due to Kaz (and even then, isn't enough to sate our empires needs alone) and IS is stuck growing to size 13 and getting units for the south at the same time.

We'd be able to slave workers/granaries out of:

• OO (and possibly a settler and the forge)
    • GM
    • Sb
    • DT
    • Angle
    • Southern city (naming poll to be forth coming shortly)

We know that we can ignore negative events, so the only real cost of doing this is the small increase in civics cost, and that OO isn't going to go straight onto making scientists. That's it, for possibly another settler or 2, and 4+ workers, which seems like a very good trade off IMO. And if Kaz make a move we can slave out stuff in DT and Angle to deal with it.

We would need to talk with Saturn about timing though...

2. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

that's a very interesting idea, and makes sense to me. I dont' really see any reason to NOT go to slavery in that case, to be honest.

3. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

Personally I am not a big fan of the :whipped:

However in this instance it might make alot of sense.

G_W were are you we really need a video.

Build 3 Wonders
    Win a War
    And then :whipped: your population as a reward.... :evil:

4. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

It is the way of The Sancta... :D

5. Krill

Krill Chieftain

I was considering building into a worker in OO until it is 29/30, then double whipping it for 60 hammers adn then finishing off the second worker. That'd give us 2 extra workers to improve JD, and then road through the eastern jungle to the coastal cities that we'll eb wanting to plant asap.

I was wondering how quickly we could do this to the eastern cities as well, and if we needed the extra workers. (I know for sure we need the workers from OO).