1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] Don't understand these Art Tourism numbers

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by cleverhandle, Aug 24, 2020.

1. cleverhandle

cleverhandle King

Played tons of II/III/IV, barely any V, and this is my first real game of VI, Vanilla. Playing for a Cultural Victory on Prince with Pedro.

I'm looking at this screen and I don't understand it. From all I can see on the web/wikis, Great Works of Writing are supposed to generate 2 Tourism pre-Printing and 4 Tourism post-Printing. The hover tooltip on the work says 4 each, but the subtotals act like it's 8 each for a total of 16. AFAICT, there's no theming for Writing. But the 2x8=16 calculation matches up with the overall Tourism values reported in the other game screens. It's the very beginning of the Industrial Age and there are no Tourism policies or GP's in play yet.

Is this maybe something that changed in the expansions? I know I'm late to the party and there probably aren't too many people playing Vanilla Civ VI at this point. I saw a similar discrepancy in a trade screen for a Great Work of Art where the reported Tourism value didn't match what I saw online.

Any clarifications are appreciated. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

2. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

This is Vanilla Civ VI right? at one point Great Work of Writing does provide 4 tourism each, and it was nerfed in Gathering Storm (or R&F). So probably in your version it does provide that much.

3. cleverhandle

cleverhandle King

Yes, Vanilla VI. Right off of Steam with no added purchases. Picked it up in a sale some time back.

So you're suggesting... the base Art Tourism value is 4 and then the UI is showing implicitly that Printing doubles that to 8 per work? That seems plausible.

Coming from thousands of hours of IV BTS, the UI of VI is very frustrating.