Doom 2

King
I'm so hooked to old fashioned FPS game! :D It's just fun to run thru weird labyrints and shoot hundreds of monsters. They should bring back more of this. I think sprite graphics can be more violent than fancy 3d graphics at nowdays :p

Is it just me or did they made music from Alice in chains at least for two levels

I prefer Doom 1. :p I don't like the new monsters. Though some levels of Doom 2 are very nice!

Don't know about the music. I know Nine Inch Nails made the music for Quake (which is why oe of the guns shoots nine inch nails ;)), but that's another matter.

Older FPS games dont appeal to me as much (Especialy true with Doom, Star Wars: Dark Forces, and Duke Nukem 3D) I guess I am not intimidated by a walking sprite coming at me.

I prefer Doom 1. :p I don't like the new monsters. Though some levels of Doom 2 are very nice!

Haven't played doom 1 for awhile. I had thy flesh consumed at diskets. But it think some of those diskets are corrupted.

I remeber trying classic Doom mod for Doom 3...have to find out if they made better version of it.

I boguht Doom 1 and 2 for 99cents US each during that post-holiday sale on Steam. I havn't gotton very far, just doesn't interest me that much. FPS games have not changed their basic forumla very much since then.

I prefer Heretic. :D
Didn't like Hexen much.

Realms of the Haunting deserve a mention - but that's a fps action/adventure game.

Mostly it reminds be of a Rainbow Six terrorist hunt. I have to agree that without visual stimulation or serious game-play, a FPS can't hold my attention long. I've gotten farther in HL1 than Doom2. Though I played the Doom1 demo easily 160 hours when it first came out. :)

I've played all of these of course, but I experienced something weird too. A couple of years ago I decided to go through Doom 1 again. I played it for like 4 hours straight one afternoon, and when I stopped, I got really dizzy and nauseous for the whole evening. I didn't really know if it was due to Doom... Then I tried again two weeks later and the same thing happened. It was weird, I only started feeling sick after the fact.

I was fine with these games ten years ago, but for some reason, Wolfenstein 3d and Doom make me dizzy now. It's the only time games made me feel like that, hehe.

Doom 1 makes me nauseous (literally, like a vertigo sensation)too. Did when I used to play. I think it has something to do with the way it redraws the screen.
http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/11/23/1631228&tid=204

Though I wonder if people get so into the game they're unconsciously tilting their head slightly back and forth, to the game rythmn, upsetting their balance sensors in their ear (cochlea). :) Might be a genetic basis too. I know there is a related (genetic I believe)condition: http://www.emedicinehealth.com/benign_positional_vertigo/article_em.htm

I liked the weapon mix in Doom2. All weapons were useful (even the chainsaw, although mostly to save some ammo). It wasn't the same in Quake.

I liked the weapon mix in Doom2. All weapons were useful (even the chainsaw, although mostly to save some ammo). It wasn't the same in Quake.

Me agrees with you

Top Bottom