1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dose this mean suprise attack?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by silver 2039, Jan 17, 2004.

1. silver 2039

silver 2039 Chieftain

2. Zingo

Zingo Beer

It´s very hard to tell, maybe he just want to go thru your territory to another civ, I am sure you will find out anyway :D

3. RedAlert

RedAlert Love one another

How big is your army?

What level are you playing at?

If you are playing at a harder level, I wouldn't trust them. Wait: these are the Indians right? Don't trust them at all. I was just playing a game last night and they creamed me. Ugh.

If your army is big, I say you suprise attack them. If that were their territory that they were patrolling through, I wouldn't worry about it, but since they are in someone else's territory, right by yours, they may be trying to attack you. (Or are they at war with that other player?)

4. Ville

Ville Chieftain

Are Indians at war with someone?
    Do they have MPP with USA, Arabs, EU, Iraq, Israel or Russia?

5. xxyyzz

xxyyzz Chieftain

That's actually not *that* bad! I had like an uber long game going on Diety level, and I had a stack of 47 modern armors sitting outside of one of my cities from the Ottomans. Guess they wanted to say Hello.

I should of gotten a SS of that.

Also in that game, way off topic, the Ottomans actually used helicoptors to attack me!!!! I was so happy so see them! I never saw the AI use helicoptors the right way, they usually drop off like one unit which is a waste IMO. During this battle they were droping off quads of TOWs.

6. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

yeah, the AI seems to like using TOWs now, mostly because of their defensive bombard. Anyway, I'd just protect my cities really well with that stack, and watch where it goes. If it seems to favor one of your cities, or is making a beeline for a resource, watch out. If they AI is going to pillage a resource, it'll look for a different one if you defend it, and then head back to that one if you remove that unit. (It probably has a resource priority list - pillage iron first, then horses, etc.).

7. Hooray

Hooray Civ3 Cartographer

Hmm, when I played that scenario, India sent its troops straight to Russia. My guess is that's where they're going.

8. silver 2039

silver 2039 Chieftain

India is not at war with anyone else and there are also a stack of Arabain tanks and Iranian infantary nearby.
    Also I am in anarchy and I lack aluminum, oil, and rubber.

Edit: This is my army http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Army.JPG

9. Commander Bello

Commander Bello Say No 2 Net Validations

hmm... since you already spotted them, I wouldn't call this a *surprise* attack anymore *g*

10. Gogf

Gogf Indescribable

Well, India has the lowest agression, but it could still surprise attack you. Bring some troops into the area.

BTW, What scenario are you playing? Iraq and Israel?

11. silver 2039

silver 2039 Chieftain

Muffins World War 3 scenario.

12. Gogf

Gogf Indescribable

13. HamaticBabylon

HamaticBabylon Chieftain

deleted all that infantry and you have no boarder security..Man if the do sneak attack you ...yah ganna have a whole load deleted to handle (Ebonics)

Moderator Action: Warned for profanity.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889