[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

Offly quiet here...

Oh well.
I had another new game play idea.

Population and units cap rate.
How about have a cap for a city that allowes it to have population x unit count limit.
For example, a 1 population is worth,
10 units.
Other ideas in that area that im toying with could be fun.

hi @<Nexus> ,
thanks for replying.

well, another global resource is interesting. though, using per city unit count could be more controllable.
with population rate to unit count.
i always disliked that late game has a billion units.
so having a limit, could be nice.

of course , small city empires would suffer from the limit more vs large empires, but then again, its the same when a large empire attacks a small one anyway.

in that regards, in my current siege ranged unit rules, units have an attack cool down.
i kinda liked this idea.
how about attrition to all unit that enforcer an attack cool down? might stop stacks of doom a bit.

I don't know. The game already has way of controlling army size based on population size:
I think it may be easier to just tinker with that first, rather than writing new code.

Offly quiet here...

Oh well.
I had another new game play idea.

Population and units cap rate.
How about have a cap for a city that allowes it to have population x unit count limit.
For example, a 1 population is worth,
10 units.
Other ideas in that area that im toying with could be fun.
So I was thinking about this idea and was wondering what the right ratio would be:

10units/1pop
Number of citiesAverage city sizeUnit cap
I think it is clear that a 10U/1P limit is no limit.
Let's try a different ratio...

4units/1pop
Number of citiesAverage city sizeUnit cap
I think this ratio is even worse, because it's too restrictive in the early game but still too big in the later game.
So maybe a different calculation is needed, if possible.

I've been having an issue with the download link. Links for versions 1.10-1.12 don't seem to work for me. Looking forward to trying this mod!

Yes if you could upload to a different site that'd be great. I tried the link again and its still not working for me.

anyone wants me to add stuff/tweak stuff.

let me know.
How about a New XML tag that has a similar purpose as iDefense but gunpowder units won't ignore it.
So you could Trenches and later Energy Shields around the city, and still have defences. What do you think?

How about a New XML tag that has a similar purpose as iDefense but gunpowder units won't ignore it.
So you could Trenches and later Energy Shields around the city, and still have defences. What do you think?
humm what do you mean- another tag that will set the defense strength?
not sure i got it fully, could you elaborate\?

48 civ dll would be great
thats easy to add.

humm what do you mean- another tag that will set the defense strength?
not sure i got it fully, could you elaborate\?
Yes, another tag to set defence strength but one that is not ignored by gunpowder units. So it would be a tag that is useful in modern eras too.

Top Bottom