Double leaders (Fixed)

baboon

Warlord
I'm playing Gorgo, and to my surprise, I met another Gorgo :)

gameversion 1.0.0.26

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 54
The oldest I have is turn 15. I also included the turn before and after I met the other Gorgo (27 and 28)

Attachments

• AutoSave_0015.Civ6Save
    699.9 KB · Views: 60
  • GORGO 27 2960 BC.Civ6Save
    746.4 KB · Views: 116
  • GORGO 28 2920 BC.Civ6Save
    751.5 KB · Views: 41
I experienced the double Gorgo of Sparta bug as well. Kinda ruins the immersion factor. I make due by imagining she's my evil twin trying to undermine my legitimate rule! :crazyeye:

As far as I know it ain't a bug, there is an achievement for beating the game.

"Selfie
Win a regular game with a Culture victory with your leader in the game as your opponent as well"

So go beat her :)

I'd say that's a multiplayer thing? It's pretty dumb for solo...

edit: yeah i saw the achievement, that would be very dissapointing imo if it would be a regular thing to meet yourself.

I saw somewhere that people have problems that they somehow declared a war to themselves, not sure if this was the reason, or this is something else.

Anyway, it is really bad. I just met him, so no idea what it will bring.

Attachments

• PERICLES 99 425 BC.Civ6Save
    856.7 KB · Views: 127
I've met Grogo as Grogo too, perhaps it's only Greece because there's two of them?

Same thing just happened to me!

(Using the Montezuma pre-order pack)

Attachments

• Civ6 Glitch - two Pericles.jpg
    Civ6 Glitch - two Pericles.jpg
    711 KB · Views: 103
  • PERICLES 36 3475 BC - glitch.Civ6Save
    742.2 KB · Views: 49
Yes, I've just started a game as Pericles and my only neighbour on my island is Pericles! We seem to be getting along fine so far. He declared our friendship to the world. On the other hand, he's annoyed at me for trying to gather up the City States (as that's his historical agenda)

Playing as Gorgo the Spartan queen and encounter Pericles, the Greek leader. Suddenly we have two Greek civs in the same game. This is clearly a bug.

Met Gorgo as Gorgo. They need to make a change to have unique civilizations only, like Civ 4.

I'm playing as Pericles, and Gorgo is my next door neighbor. They really need a way to restrict the randomization to unique civs--it sort of make sense with Pericles and Gorgo as leaders of city-states, but I can't think of many situations where it would make sense for any other civ (can you imagine having both Washington and TR in the game, for example?). In fact, this is probably my #2 most urgent request after the real Earth map.

I'm playing as Pericles, and Gorgo is my next door neighbor. They really need a way to restrict the randomization to unique civs--it sort of make sense with Pericles and Gorgo as leaders of city-states, but I can't think of many situations where it would make sense for any other civ (can you imagine having both Washington and TR in the game, for example?). In fact, this is probably my #2 most urgent request after the real Earth map.
Well ideally two separate restriction options
Unique leader...so Pericles never plays against Pericles
and
Unique civ...so Pericles never plays against Gorgo (no Greek v. Greek)
(since I could see wanting to play as Washington v. TR...new civil war... but it getting really annoying playing against yourself)

Well ideally two separate restriction options
Unique leader...so Pericles never plays against Pericles
and
Unique civ...so Pericles never plays against Gorgo (no Greek v. Greek)
(since I could see wanting to play as Washington v. TR...new civil war... but it getting really annoying playing against yourself)
Plus the option to disable specific civs from the randomization (which I believe Ed mentioned they were looking into). Really, the more customization options the better.

Don't have a save, but this happened to me too - in my very first game. Although we had the same color scheme too - it was extremely confusing, so much so I quit the game. All notifications and diplomacy just used the name and nothing else - so I had no idea if I was involved unless it was something I saw happen on my map.

Top Bottom