DoW mechanics

shpeka

Warlord
My last game. I am at war with Peter, Montezuma is at war with Lincoln. Pacal has is not in WHEOOHRN mode.

Suddenly both Monty and Pacal declare on me.

How is this possible? Pacal can not be bribed by Peter, since he is cautious towards him. Montezuma has decided to attack me even though he has an ongoing war?

EDIT: Upon reloading I noticed that Pacal DoWs Lincoln instead of me. This would indicate that indeed Monty plots during wartime and bribes Pacal whenever possible vs random war target.

Attachments

• 1410.jpg
    1410.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 1420.jpg
    1420.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 96
  • AutoSave_AD-1410.CivBeyondSwordSave
    385.2 KB · Views: 44
Yeah that was a bit cruel. To be fair he probably was in war mode targetting you before he was fighting the Americans. On my brief click through he made peace with Americans before attacking you. My guess is he bribed Pascal into the war. He was pleased with pascal.

Both Pascal and Monty had higher power ratings than you. For me 24 cavalry by 1400ad seems a bit late. Especially fighting rifles.

The DoW itself is not really that scary, as AIs are not too good at intercontinental warfare.

I was able to sign peace treaties pretty soon without taking any damage.

It is the exact mechanic of the DoW that was bugging me. So maybe the Americans have declared on Monty, while he was plotting on me, so I was still his target? I think have seen this kind of DoWs when refusing demands from a civ currently in war.

Top Bottom