1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Download and Current Changelog

Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by Sephi, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

already fixed in Patch 8.1. true, the opening music is different for the themes, the "default" hyborem theme uses openingmenu, the other themes use other files.

2. Brokenbone

Brokenbone Chieftain

Just wanted to post to say I'm having a lot of fun. I remember seeing in a change log or introduction or some other overview a point about "rare" once in every 50 game events happen more often, and I wanted to share that I've definitely seen that... I had a hilarious Lanun game following OO with a very healthy lead, and not only did I get Mary Morbus a few turns after my first Alchemy lab, I got the Gaelan chain of events, AND I got the Bandit Lord Nietz event (who eventually got to ride a War Tortoise, ha ha).

I'd also summoned the Mercurians so I got a chance to send four Cultists to their "good" Order capital and upgrade them to Paladins, to join my other three Cultist based Druids... the fourth Druid was based on a "free" Vicar from being the first to research the Empyrean, he was cool for his Crown of Brilliance business, a little more flexible than Tsunamis for ground war.

Netted out, it meant I had a Stack of Doom with Saverous, Hemah, Gaelan (who read a lot of spellbooks and had half his Mastery promos, even without Archmage-hood), Mary, Nietz, Druids and Paladins and two Speakers, a bunch of "mobility" catapults due to snagging the Engineering academy, the Stooges, and plenty of boarding parties. Everyone got to enjoy the "Wicked" promo (+3 Death combat) due to a spell from Gaelan the "Master of Necromancy." I buffed some Mercurian stacks who were lazing around their cities with that too, whee...

Anyhow, yeah, it was a fun game, having all those "specials" made it feel a little off, but I've never tinkered with event percentages, just wanted to say having the chance at some really good events made for a good time. Worth sickness (Mary), happiness (Nietz) or I think other unhappiness (Gaelan), that was for sure!

3. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

It's quite a shame that FFH has so awesome events but they aren't really used by the game, even with the double events game option. Rare events are nice but there are some in the XML I had NEVER seen before in game.

uploaded another small bugfix patch (8.11)

4. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

Sephi,

does the 8.11 patch break saves?

5. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

I don't think so

6. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

Sorry, I forgot I didnt save where I ended last night. But it was probably good that I asked for others to reference.

Do you want minor issues that are more balance orientated to be reported in the bug threads (8.0/8.1), or would you want to start a seperate thread?

The example I have in mind is this:

The ancient warrior burial event has four options. It "appears" that option three and option four have the same result......

Another good example would be what I just came across. I have a Calabim Hero-Scout thru a random event (woohoo and not the issue), who has captured a tiger, but upon being attacked by a panther, did not capture it. I know up to this point, I have been able to capture almost everything including lizards and unicorns.

7. Zharkov

Zharkov Chieftain

When I try to load a saved 8.10 game I get CTD. Sometimes I even get an error meassage: Failed to uncompress game data!

8. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

suggestions for Necropolis:

1) make it only raise AC by 1

2) make the graveyard to necropolis upgrade have a small chance per turn instead of a timer. that way they won't increase the AC so much, and not all of a sudden

3) undead should lose all those first strike chances when they move away from graveyards/necropolis. otherwise they get XP too fast and become way too powerful for that early in the game.

9. Tomberrysenior

Tomberrysenior Chieftain

I have the same problem

10. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

whoa that damn harpy event is way too common. turn 50, 4 civs on the map and 3 of them got a free great bard.

11. thither

thither Chieftain

EDIT: my bad, this was something wrong with Vista (surprise, surprise). I rebooted and the installer came up fine, though it took a long time to present me with the "this thing needs your permission" box.

12. tesb

tesb Chieftain

13. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

tesb,

hes got them. the next version is a test-test, specifically addressing the MAF issue.
    so plenty of time to tidy up loose ends for a change. haha..

if you or tarqueline need any additional text help let me know.

14. tesb

tesb Chieftain

i did not know this, thank you.

15. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

16. scutarii

scutarii Chieftain

@ sephi: are you going to wait for new FFH2 patch and then release WM patch?

17. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

no. I will take a look at it but in general it will adress a lot of issues that do not exist in WM (like the taunt CTD bug)

18. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

is 8.12 coming out shortly? I'm about to start a multiplayer game but I'd much rather wait a couple hours and play with the new patch if it's incoming :lol:

19. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

well, have fun with your game :D

20. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

Patch 8.20 (will break saves)
    • minor bugfixes made by Graywarden
    • Update to the Scions made by Tarquelne
      • balance tweaks to population gained via conquest/raze
      • unique Spells for Scion Arcane line
      • Horned Dreads
    • Improved AI Surrender and Vassal tribute logic made by Till
    • Lanun: Boarding Promotion also allows to attack on land or across river without penalties
    • Fix: Jotnar will always get atleast 1 xp from combat
    • Fix: Zarcaz will drop his bow
    • Alert for Hurry Production will not show up if city has only 1 productionturn left
    • removed alive prereq for founding Adventurers guilds (mostly for Scions)
    • If destroyed by HN units or Barbarians, the Pieces of Barnaxus will spawn in the capital again.
    • some minor bug and art fixes
    • lifeward will not effect undead units
    • Mana bonuses cannot be traded