1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Download and Current Changelog

Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by Sephi, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Matsume

Matsume Chieftain

At least one of my suggestions was implemented.
    Im happy to help

Edit: Thanks Sephi for giving mordmorgan the swashbuckler trait too

Two suggestions implemented!
    huauha

2. tesb

tesb Chieftain

@sephi

will the deep ocean be included in current map scripts like erebus continent?

3. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

deep ocean will be placed in every mapscript (like unique features) I might add a Gameoption to disable them.

4. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Chieftain

That makes me very happy. I wonder if the same could be made true for kelp and haunted lands? I play Perfectworld2 because it makes the most interesting land forms. MountainCoast is also excellent for total land based maps.

5. jacktannery

jacktannery Chieftain

Sephi - watch out for storms (8.21). When added in RoM Mod these severely slowed down the game.

6. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

they only share the name. I did not even look at the code of the storms in RoM, in fact I do not even have a recent version of it or a storm modcomp installed.

7. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Please tell me you only add them if the mapscript doesn't place them itself :)

8. hix

hix Chieftain

Were the fey's eternal court issues ever fixed? I am itching to start a new game as them, but not until the eternal court works.

9. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

For now I just added a globaldefine to turn their placement off

PLACE_DEEP_OCEANS_ON_MAP must be set to 0.

10. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Chieftain

Got an itch to play pirates with the Deep Oceans. Should I keep hitting refresh on the download page?

11. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

no, I merged quite a bit of stuff this evening and haven't gotten around to testing it.

12. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

still curious what the NEW_AI_FOUNDCITY_VALUE in globaldefines does ;)

13. Sephi

Sephi Chieftain

replaces the current function of the AI to calculate the value of a plot for city placement.

14. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

and it works fine, Sheaim no longer settle in that suicidal spot with Zarcaz and the Guardian! awesome :D this should definitely be turned on by default in 7.30, the current routine is pretty broken.

I'll suggest you tone down the distance the starting settler will move though, cuz it tends to mess up starting spots a bit, i.e. some civs are too close to each other ( this is on a small ErebusContinent, latest beta. the script itself behaves nicely, but then civs tend to move around a bit too much, considering that the script consistently provides good, evenly spaced around posts with the latest beta )

7.30 looks great btw :goodjob:

15. scutarii

scutarii Chieftain

I tried jotnar and - thralls are ideal cannon fodder but...they cost military upkeep...pls make them "no military upkeep". getting em 10-20 per city gives to you breathing room but.... that damn upkeep cost...

16. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

on my second test (WM V8.11) as the Jotnars, and on the surface it appears tougher then it really is. the trick to the Jotnars is focusing on economic items very early, once you have enough civics/buildings in place, they are not bad at all.

in my current test (Noble difficulty), i have been consistantly in the top 5 in gold and science for the late early and middle game. they just take a little getting use to, and adjusting a "normal" research strategy/improvement build strategy to their unique civilization factors.

17. jrandrew

jrandrew Chieftain

I have been playing and modding FfH and Fall Further for almost two years, but just stumbled across Wild Mana and I love all of the additions! Houses, everything, it is awesome!!

Few minor notes/questions:

1. I explored a wrecked ship. A Sea Serpent was freed and joined my team. "Nessie", as I thought of her cheerfully :), fought a few battles and could level up. However, I don't think a Sea Serpent would have much use for "Woodsman I" nor for "Guerilla" although she was eligible for these. Probably because she is UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL.

2. In addition, she probably should be able to get a few naval promotions, such as Flanking I and II, Navigation I and II, etc. She can't get those right now...

3. The Austrin are awesome, I am really enjoying playing them. However, I have had a few Austrin Warriors who were mutated because of getting the Chaos Flare event or from being near mana nodes. They received the "Heavy" promotion. It seems illogical that they should be able to "Drop Equipment" or "Travel Light" or whatever their special ability is, and receive the "Light" promotion and at the same time have "Heavy." Perhaps "Light" and "Heavy" should be mutually exclusive?

4. Also on the subject of the Austrin, Harmatt was mutated by being near a mana node. He also got the "Heavy" promotion, and one of the drawbacks of that promotion is that it adds an extra point to terrain movement cost. However, Harmatt and most other Austrin Recon units ignore terrain movement costs, and this seems to ignore the negative impact of the "Heavy" promotion. So, the net effect for Harmatt was just a +30% combat bonus. This was great -- but probably a bit exploit-y...

Thanks again!

18. Aline

Aline Cat

Q: When will 8.3 be out? Is it worth starting a new game?

19. graywarden

graywarden Chieftain

Its always worth a new game......... :D

20. scutarii

scutarii Chieftain

insisting that current version is not worth of gaming is offending to sephi and crew. :lol: