Download and Current Changelog

I have this bad feeling the so called "maf" fix is not good for me.

I have windows 7 and 8 gig ram , is it going to be of any benefit? and if not , will it make things worse. I thought windows 7 allocated ram anyway.

Either way the guide has me pretty angry because it doesn't mention anything important. I just looked this process up on wikipedia and , you know for obvious reasons , they tell you to BACK up the previous settings. Something i didn't do as the guide didn't mention anything about the potential problems it can cause.

it will not make things worse, it probably just has no effect on a 64-bit OS.

if you used bcdedit and you want to undo the change use

bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa

snarko fixed ranged attacks causing OOS for RifE, so when you got some free time on your hands that would be definitely something to look at as it seems everyone loves that gameoption and it's missed when playing MP.

btw, any idea when 9.0 is coming out? no hurries, just curious if it's more of a matter of days, weeks or months :)

[to_xp]Gekko;9325981 said:
snarko fixed ranged attacks causing OOS for RifE, so when you got some free time on your hands that would be definitely something to look at as it seems everyone loves that gameoption and it's missed when playing MP.

btw, any idea when 9.0 is coming out? no hurries, just curious if it's more of a matter of days, weeks or months :)

Can't look at that until 1.3 comes out. :p Hell, it's not even merged into the beta version yet, still waiting on another new feature of his... :mischief:

Updated the Multiplayer Hotfix in first post. Ranged Warfare Gameoption shouldn't cause any OOS anymore.

[to_xp]Gekko;9325981 said:

The beta isn't that far away anymore.

Sephi...
I don't know if it has already been asked :
Will 0.9 be released before the new magic system ?
Or will the new magic system be implemented with 0.9 ? (in that case, if you have, somewhere a file with most of 0.9 but not the magical system, I would love to have it one day (even after the official release).

(it's totally egoistical : I would love to have a WM version with the new features but the FFH magical system and one other, maybe later, with the new magical system).

I undertand that maybe you are already balancing and modifying the units, civs ...Etc in 0.9 with taking the new magica system into account. In that case, i'll it's too bad for me, but i'll survive playing the new cool features of 0.9 with the new system.

not gonna happen, there's gonna be a beta of 9.0 with the magic system already in which we'll be able to playtest. you can install it in a different folder and have both 8.33 and 9.0 , but no having the cake and eating it too ;)

Weeeell, my egoistical whims would be : Wildmana 0.9 now and the spell-beta later. Like Calavente, I'd love to have 0.9 major fixes/changes working with current FfH system ;)

hahaha !!

well, live and see. As I said, if 0.9 has the magical system in it, I'll still survive and surely enjoy it a lot.

if 0.9 is ever released without the magical system, can somebody DL it ?
(I'll be in holydays for the following weeks and I would really hate to come back and see in the changelog "1.0 with magical system" "0.9 without magical system"... and having missed the "0.9 without magical system)

there will be no 9.0 without magic system afaik
the changes made are just too profound to do that and most of the magic stuff is done already

but currently my question makes sense.
in the "spoiler" of the 1st post, under 0.9, there is no mention of "magical system" but many other fixs, new mechanisms "legend victories"...etc.
One can assume that there is (or was or will be) a playable version (maybe a beta just for the tester) with those fixs/addons included but not yet the magical system.
I'm sure testers played those addons before the first thread on magical system.
I'm just asking politely for a release of this version if it existed.
If there is no such version, too bad.

I am still waiting for a certain fix since it was posted longer then a month ago. :crazyeye:
Fixed: Yieldchanges when adopting a different Faerie Court

but currently my question makes sense.
in the "spoiler" of the 1st post, under 0.9, there is no mention of "magical system" but many other fixs, new mechanisms "legend victories"...etc.
One can assume that there is (or was or will be) a playable version (maybe a beta just for the tester) with those fixs/addons included but not yet the magical system.
I'm sure testers played those addons before the first thread on magical system.
I'm just asking politely for a release of this version if it existed.
If there is no such version, too bad.

if you go by that post you are right. however the beta sephi gave me some time ago had the magic system already in place (well parts of it) and many things that were added to the first post about 9.0 were added after the beta. So as someone who has a tiny bit of insight i can tell you that it is highly unlikely that a 9.0 version without the new magic system will exist.

I'm sure you are right...

but one can hope.... no? ;)

I'm sure you are right...

but one can hope.... no?

there are two conflicting memes that answer your rethorical :) question:

1) Yes we can!

2) Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

choose your pick :D

Just curious- will Wildmana ever be updated to have the newer version of the Frozen?

I ask because, at least in my opinion, 1.0 is better than 0.8 (the version in Wildmana) in every way (it's more balanced, it's got bugfixes, it's got some new art for various things, it's more documented in the pedia), yet I don't think it's ever been updated.

For instance, I believe RiFE uses 0.8 (although I think without Sephi's diminishing returns mechanic that balances things out) and the Frozen are unplayable in that mod.

Just curious- will Wildmana ever be updated to have the newer version of the Frozen?

I ask because, at least in my opinion, 1.0 is better than 0.8 (the version in Wildmana) in every way (it's more balanced, it's got bugfixes, it's got some new art for various things, it's more documented in the pedia), yet I don't think it's ever been updated.

For instance, I believe RiFE uses 0.8 (although I think without Sephi's diminishing returns mechanic that balances things out) and the Frozen are unplayable in that mod.

The Frozen are definetly playable in Wildmana. When they were merged there was a thread where bugs/balance issues were reported. The dimininshing returns mechanic for example is a product of this.

I'll put the 1.0 merge on my to-do list.

I got an issue about the frozen..and ice nodes as well..

In the tech "elementalism" it appears as "build an ice node" which is not supposed to?

Also I cannot build the ice nodes..nor can I find ice node\mana in improvements.. adepts seem to have the code to be able to build it..but still.

What to do to get ice mana become buildable?

Also it seems Tanaris Ascended or just Tanaris isn't in XML\units section..

I wonder if he's even buildable..have to check..

Well hope someone helps out..

Top Bottom