Download and Current Changelog

Where can we download the 9.0 Beta version?

Thanks,

Tschuggi

Sephi will post on this thread when it is available. It will most likely be posted on the first thread where the current downloads are linked. Its coming soon, I know he wanted it released yesterday, but there is a lot of work in completing/merging the files and packaging them into an operating program. Almost here........... anticipation.......

Regarding the new mana and magic system.

How will the Blaspheraph be changed, they did have the puppet thingy (and that nasty little combo with mind3), however i dont realy see how puppets fit into the new magic system, so i would love to know what will happen to them.

Balseraphs start with complete Spell Research of Mind Sphere. Pretty cool. Might also give them reduced mana cost for mind spells one day.

one can also consider giving them stronger version of the mind spells. the same could be done for other civilizations that have a particular affinity for a mana type.

since i finally have a bit of time back on my hands i hope i can have a lot done for the release of the 9.0 patch (i.e. the non beta version)

one can also consider giving them stronger version of the mind spells. the same could be done for other civilizations that have a particular affinity for a mana type.

since i finally have a bit of time back on my hands i hope i can have a lot done for the release of the 9.0 patch (i.e. the non beta version)

hey buddy, everybody else is waiting on the beta release.... haha... unless i am mistaken, we are not on the threshold of the 9.0 official release.... so patch the beta, its still not out to the public yet. we are all waiting impatiently for the boss to let it go.... even me... haha.. so i can get on with the next round of long play testing...... ;)

I need help with an installation problem, involving permissions I think. I just had to reinstall Windows 7 on my J: drive and therefore the mod needed to go in J:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods. The installer comes up with a different initial value, but it's easy enough to change. From there, the installation proceeds smoothly. Same for the patch, except patch installer came up pointing to a "Games" pathname that also needed to be redirected. Looks like everything ended up where it needed to be, though.

The desktop shortcut has the same problem as the installer. It just points to the J: drive instead of the installation folder. However, in correcting this, I also find that Windows 7 is not accepting the "mod=\FFH Wildmana" syntax, so it is not possible to start the mod directly anyhow. However, it appears on the BtS menu and seems to load as usual.

When the game starts, I notice some odd behavior my map program. It has forgotten its settings. When the adventure map finally comes up there is a list of four .ini files from the GUI that could not be created. On exiting and restarting, I see none of the options settings or map parameters are being retained.

All this looks to me like a problem with write permissions and Civ4BeyondSword has given Authenticated User write permission but not plain User. I change that but it does not matter. There is only one user account on my PC and it has Administrator privileges.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a Windows 7 issue -- but everything was working fine on the C: drive. Could I have done something in my Windows 7 installation that kept the "mod" switch from working? As I said, it worked OK on the C: drive.

There's a mods setting at the start of the .ini file for Wildmana. Could that affect Windows not taking the "mod" switch? Is there new syntax in Windows 7?

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

the installer reads the path from the registry, so you probably had installed civ4 into the other path before.

what you could do is to give your user write access in the following folders (and subfolders)
J:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\FFH Wildmana

also the documents\my games\Beyond the Sword folder (folder name might be a bit different in windows 7)

Hey I just reinstalled Wildmana and it ran into some error for some reason with some unit file I can't seem to remember. It may be the Auric file. Although it may be my poor memory but I can't seem to get him, its been a while but how does one acquire regular (not ascended) Auric?

WHEN CAN U SWITCH TO CRUSADE??

I'm playing as Bannor ... and can't find location of Crusade in order to adopt the Civic. :(

I have fanatacism teched. I have a state religion. I'm at war (with two civs).

Tasunke. Look to the right in the civics screen. It has changed into a new category.

found it.

Hmm, I guess I didn't think there'd be a pick above the default ... but now I see it clear as day.

Could a used it earlier ... as of now I'm not sure that its needed xD

Any chance of official release anytime soon ? :)

So yea ... Korrinna the Red lady appears to die PERMANENTLY the first time she dies.

Same thing goes for The Risen Emperor ...

and some of the Scion late-game units seem unable to be built. After the Risen Emperor died, the ability to use the worldspell was removed.

Also, the Grigori heroes researching "lairs" at libraries ... seems to do nothing. I did it 20 times during an SP game to no effect.

So yea ... Korrinna the Red lady appears to die PERMANENTLY the first time she dies.

Same thing goes for The Risen Emperor ...

Did you have the Phoenix-thingy going, or something like that? K. and the R.E., as built, are supposed to eternal lie if they lose a combat.

and some of the Scion late-game units seem unable to be built.

Do you remember which ones? The Arquebuser and Immortal have non-obvious UUs ("Bone Horde" and "Abomination"), the Beastmaster has a truly and literally "U" UU ("Horned Dread"), and the Scions just don't have Cannon.

After the Risen Emperor died, the ability to use the worldspell was removed.

I've no idea on that one.

Well, the Horned Dread wasn't able to be built

(but this was the last released version, not the beta)

dl-ing the beta ...

Well, the Horned Dread wasn't able to be built

The 'pedia entry says the HD can manifest in a level 6+ Ghostwalker. But perhaps it should also explain this is the only way to get the HD: It isn't built.

double

Wait ... if Korinna the Red and the Risen Emperor are supposed to Die permanently ...

then why is there mention that they may survive battles? iirc in FF Korinna (after Fanaticism) was held for 2 turns after each death, being somewhat immortal, but requiring extra time to "recover from wounds".

Is this untrue in Wild Mana?

Top Bottom